Experienced Front End Web Developer
NOTE: To be considered for a remote position, you need to be based in the U.S. at this time.
We need a developer with a solid understanding of modern front end technologies and most importantly, the ability to work as part of a team.
Your primary responsibility will be helping maintain our ecosystem of websites. This involves building pages from scratch based on Illustrator or Sketch designs and making modifications to our WordPress and JAMstack (Jekyll-based) sites.
Your HTML5 & CSS3 skills will shine as you show off optimization and code quality when resolving bugs and issues when they come up. You’ll also work at designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests.
We practice good coding standards, we build for the future, and we don’t believe in cowboy coding or working in a bubble. We’re looking for thinkers … with talent.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- Writing code with a focus on performance, speedy page load times,
improving conversion rates
- Building sites and implementing redesigns, designed in Illustrator/Sketch, on our WordPress or static-based sites
- Coding features for our sites (both through WP Themes and not) using HTML5/CSS/PHP/JS
- Designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests
- Future-proofing our sites with maintenance fixes, updating features, and rolling out responsive, mobile-friendly platforms
- Conversing, committing, and delivering via Asana/Slack/GitHub/email (in whatever order that is)
- Exploring new technologies/tools for finding solutions to new (and old) problems
- Optimizing conversions with A/B testing
Application Architecture (things you’ll HAVE to know)
- Experience with static site generators like Jekyll, Gatsby, or Hugo
- Fundamental PHP experience especially as it relates to maintaining WordPress themes and websites
- Semantic HTML
- Sass, Bourbon, etc. (or other CSS pre-processor)
- CSS Frameworks (Bourbon/Neat, Bootstrap, etc… we roll our own, btw)
- Experience with build and package management tools like Gulp, NPM, Bower, etc
- Structured Data (gotta satisfy the Googles)
- Advanced understanding of all the cool buzzwords… SEO, Web-standards, accessibility and usability concepts, information architecture, UX & UI design (heavy on the UX)
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude (We’re totally serious about this one.)
- A GitHub account or experience with other version control (SVN, CVS, etc. … but git/gh is where it’s at)
- Jekyll, Liquid (templating)
- HTML, CSS
- PHP, WordPress, MySQL
Prefer to have:
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager/Google Optimize
- JAMstack (Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo)
- Node.js, Express, React
- Build Tools (Gulp, Webpack)
- AWS Lambda, RDS, Firebase, Netlify
- MongoDB, GraphQL, and Apollo
- Chris Coyier is a hero of yours.
- You’ve hosted a website with Netlify, Forestry, or a similar service
- You have converted a WordPress website to Jekyll, Hugo or another static site
- You know the entire CanIUse library inside and out.
- You want to teach as much as learn.
- You have a pixel-perfect design eye with Photoshop/Illustrator or Sketch skills to match. It’s going to come in super-handy.
- You read sites like SmashingMagazine.com and actually put tutorials into practice.
- You’ve attended a WordCamp, Meetup, or other industry conference.
- Located in University District of Seattle
- Cool office perks (free sodas/Topo Chico/coffee, snacks, etc.)
- Generous salary considerations & full benefits
What We Value
We love to work as a team but office hours are flexible. Producing is more important than meeting a “9 to 5” schedule. We understand there are moments when you need to isolate yourself to concentrate so working from home is permitted and encouraged. We like to have a good time and minimize stress with good in-office coffee, lounge/reading time and regular happy hours. We work hard and meet realistic deadlines. What good is delivering a poor product early?
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- 401K (+ company matching)
- Medical, dental, and vision is covered by OneCare.com for the employee
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- flexible schedule
- opportunities to work remotely
Apply now and work remotely at OneCare Media
Senior Frontend Web Developer
We're building a technology platform which enables every fitness & well-being professional in the world to run a digital business - it's the Shopify for fitness.
About this position
As we start scaling our product, we're looking to extend our 7-people strong distributed team with a talented Frontend Web Developer interested in building the future of home training. You’ll be working in a completely distributed team of 4 developers and 1 designer and, as an early joiner, you'll have profound impact on the product and tech architecture. A strong willingness to work independently, take ownership and contribute to decision making is crucial.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience as a Frontend Web Developer
- Profound knowledge of React and web technologies in general
- Strong interest and skills for building complex web UI's
- Ability to work independently in an ambitious, fast-paced team
* Big bonus: Experience working with live video applications (WebRTC and/or RTMP)
- Create and deliver core features of our product on a weekly basis
- Work close with founding team and designer to create user interfaces that delight our users
- Build complex UI's including live-video, real-time remote interaction and animations
- Contribute to defining our working methods and processes as the team grows
- (optional) Develop your leadership and people management skills
Our tech stack
- Our web frontend is built with React
- Our backend services are written primarily in Ruby (Rails)
- Our infrastructure lives on AWS and Heroku
- Real-time video built on top of WebRTC & WebSockets
Apply now and work remotely at Strydal
Senior Frontend Engineer - Design Tools
Apply now and work remotely at PitchApply
SalonInteractive is a still-small but rapidly growing startup in the Health & Beauty eCommerce space. We provide an extremely easy way for salons to sell product online by linking them directly to distributors around the US. You could think of it as an out-of-the-box ready platform for dropshipping, but it's more complex in terms of both code and partnerships than that makes it sound. The complexity gives us interesting problems to work on in the near term, and makes the business defensible in the long term.
Our current goals can be summed up simply: provide a more modern, more beautiful, more streamlined experience for all of our partners, of which there are many. Salons, stylists, consumers, distributors, brands, us (SalonInteractive), and more. We are accomplishing this goal by redesigning and rearchitecting much our core application. It's an exciting time.
We want to deliver a product that is high quality inside and out. One that helps our partners capitalize on real opportunities, and gives us flexibility to meet the as-yet-unknown needs of the future. To this end, the engineering team works closely with stakeholders to combine their understanding of problems and opportunities with our understanding of engineering to craft effective solutions.
This is a hands-on, fully-remote programming position. You'll be working on our Ruby on Rails based eCommerce platform backend, as well as the Tailwind/AlpineJS frontend. The core technologies you’ll be working with—and need to be familiar for success in this role—are Ruby, HTML, CSS, and JS.
We have a large number of high-impact projects planned for the platform. You'll work closely with the CTO, our existing development team, and other stakeholders both within the company and outside of it to understand needs and develop solutions. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing and deploying code to best serve our customers and partners.
As mentioned before, we have quite a bit of work planned for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, we strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there though—as with any company—it does happen to some extent.
We're a small but quickly growing post-revenue startup. As one of the early hires, there is opportunity for this to be a high impact position. An appropriately ambitious individual will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company's future.
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. They’re always being refined based on what works and what doesn’t.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Ask questions. You can only produce high quality work if you have a clear understanding of the problem and the constraints.
- Context—understanding our partners and their stakeholders—empowers individual contributors to find better solutions.
- Free up time for interesting problems by automating repeatable tasks and learning your tools inside and out.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake. But we respect that there is a place for both.
- Individual productivity is important, and hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
Apply now and work remotely at SalonInteractive