Front end Web Developer
Front-end Web Developer
- Engages as a technical consultant, providing web development expertise and insights, on internal and client-facing video calls.
- Communicates thoroughly and sets clear expectations with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and clients.
- Offers ideas and provides feedback to help grow and scale Cro Metrics as a business.
Qualifications & Experience:
This is a high communication role, and while no specific experience is required, you must be capable of learning new technical concepts quickly, regularly, and be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Critical thinking — You can analyze a problem, craft a solution, and love iterating on your own processes. Every experiment is unique and has a different set of challenges so we often find ourselves in uncharted waters.
- Attention to detail — You have high attention to visual detail, can interpret specifications, can communicate detailed instructions, and leave no edge case unattended.
- Updates internal documentation to help ensure site caveats and learnings are available and disseminated to peers.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, calendars, spreadsheets, etc).
- Experience with A/B/n tests or with leading testing platforms such as Optimizely, Convert, VWO, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Slack, and Zoom.
- Has worked in professionally in eCommerce or web-development, especially modern frameworks (Shopify, WordPress, etc.) and libraries (React, Angular, etc).
- Computer Science degree or professional experience in back-end development.
- Experience working fully remotely.
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts.
- Agency experience.
Our Hiring Process
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that: below, we outline our values and how we work, and then ask you to complete a small task. Assuming we like your response, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal!
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based
- Health insurance reimbursement allowance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match (subject to a 3 month waiting period)
- Professional gear (e.g. MacBook, monitor, and noise-canceling headset)
- Annual All Hands trips
- Paid Parental Leave
- Liberal vacation policy
- Access to group performance coaching sessions
* Remote has always been our thing. We’ve been fully remote since 2010, so unlike companies that have been remote since March of 2020, we designed our company and culture behind the principles of high-performing remote teams. We’ve always believed remote is the future of work, and much like the experimentation we do, have iterated a lot along the way in a persistent effort to get it right.
* We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country. Daytime availability is required for syncing with the team via Slack or Zoom, but Experiment Engineers enjoy all the flexibility remote working has to offer. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through both synchronous and asynchronous communications.
* We value elegant code as much as you do, but we move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). There will be polling patterns and liberal use of !important.
* Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. This is not a simple “pull tickets and give sign off” gig. Successful applicants enjoy collaborating across teams, defining and clarifying needs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
* Email/Calendar: GSuite
* CRO Platforms: Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, Convert, AB Tasty
* IDE: Your choice. Most of our folks use VSCode.
* Messaging App: Slack
* Video Chat: Zoom
* Task Management: Jira
* Documentation: Confluence
* Code Repository: GitHub
* Time Tracking Software: Harvest
* Design Prototyping Software: Figma
At Cro Metrics, our goal is to create a remote environment that celebrates the differences that make us, us. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable space, but we realize we don’t always get it right. We’re continually working together to create mutual respect and opportunities to learn from one another and we encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We’re looking for team members located in the U.S. regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, veteran status, citizenship status, gender, gender-identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, and any other protected or unprotected class we may have missed. (BONUS: Did we miss anyone? Let us know and we’ll add it here.)
Apply now and work remotely at Cro MetricsApply
Frontend Web Developer
Full remote work possible (European timezones only)
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region. Our products save up to 70% of CO2 emissions in comparison to a new device and are also up to 40% cheaper. Additionally, for every sold device we plant a tree and we were already able to plant more than 200,000 trees to fight global warming.
We were founded in February 2017 and grew to more than 90 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards and have already sold tens of thousands of products, making us one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe in 2020. Additionally, we recently announced one of Austria's biggest Series A funding rounds of € 15.6 mn.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux and FreeBSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience working with load balancing/failover infrastructure
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
- Startup atmosphere
- Full remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation
- Collaboration with all parts of the company
- Experienced and ambitious team
Please send us representative examples of your work, like of open-source projects you contributed to. If you are active in communities like Stack Overflow, please let us know.
Payment, depending on qualification and experience, between 3 000 and 6 500 EUR.
Apply now and work remotely at RefurbedApply
Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs to succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We're growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products.
You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company.
We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube - customer support, customer success and sales - to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position. There is no office!
- Think of this also as a 'spring-board' position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d///head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a strong interest in education and edtech?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker.
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when it's properly safe to travel again).
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Apply now and work remotely at LearnCubeApply