You'd be working with our team to address technical support tickets and client requests as they come in. Flexibility, problem solving, and team collaboration are key aspects of this responsibility.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we'll need to do either via video chat.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be for projects. For technical support, we do need someone who would be available standard East Coast time work hours (9am-ish to 6pm-ish). You will need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on a per project basis for larger projects and hourly for technical support work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You're comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields before.
- You understand how to work with cPanels, update databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
- You can troubleshoot when a site has been hacked or simply been broken by a client who has gone too far in code.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 1-2 custom projects per month. Projects vary in length, taking anywhere between 20 and 50 hours (for a skilled developer), with some larger ones taking longer.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months (ideally, we'd love to have you with us long-term).
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim
Software Developers are a key part of Alley’s team. Each developer will be deeply and personally involved in several client projects, and will work collaboratively with other members of the Alley team and with the client's principals as well.
Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with, but who can also interface with clients in a professional and intelligent way.
We're not looking for rockstars, ninjas, zombies, or pirates. We're looking for smart, creative, resourceful developers who want to work with impressive clients and who take pride in their work.
We recognize several levels of seniority and experience for developers, and tie compensation and responsibility to this. We are looking for all levels of developers for this position.
Apply now and work remotely at Alley