Software Developers are a key part of Alley’s team. Each developer will be deeply and personally involved in several client projects, and will work collaboratively with other members of the Alley team and with the client's principals as well.
Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with, but who can also interface with clients in a professional and intelligent way.
We're not looking for rockstars, ninjas, zombies, or pirates. We're looking for smart, creative, resourceful developers who want to work with impressive clients and who take pride in their work.
We recognize several levels of seniority and experience for developers, and tie compensation and responsibility to this. We are looking for all levels of developers for this position.
Apply now and work remotely at Alley
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 19 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced, full-stack PHP Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build new features while maintaining our existing portfolio of 60+ individual extensions.
You should be:
- Deeply experienced with PHP, ideally in a WordPress-specific role
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have:
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- eCommerce experience (particularly with other platforms like Shopify, Magento, or BigCommerce)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building features & fixing bugs based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our support team)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge