Front-end Jobs nearSalt Lake City, UT
Jobs farther away
Siri - Productivity Tools Full Stack Engineer
Play a leading part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for knowledge graphing and algorithmic search using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. Work with top tier engineering and product teams to serve over 1 billion customers.
The Siri team is looking for an exceptional full stack engineer to work on tools and services that help us to drive the execution for the entire Siri team. The tools you will work on touch every critical team at Apple. Rapidly produce a broad range of high impacts products from executive summaries, engineering dashboards, chat bots to help share information, and anything that can further accelerate innovation in Siri. Your role is high impact and essential to creating the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love.
* 5+ years of software development experience.
* 2+ years owning application development end-to-end.
* Experience designing and implementing logical REST APIs, especially exposing JSON/JSONP endpoints.
* RDBM experience with MySQL (PostgreSQL/pgSQL a bonus!).
* Capable of building original visualizations on high dimensional data.
* Self-motivated and pro-active, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Self starter capable of defining and forging a path to success.
* Build critical Siri tools and applications end-to-end.
* Work with product management and engineering to gather requirement and build MVP products.
* Rapidly iterate on products based on user feedback to produce the highest impact possible.
* Understand our key processes, and help to improve and automate them.
* Innovate and be a leader in finding efficiency in tooling design and flow.
* Make high impact changes that make hundreds of engineers more efficient.
* Collaborate with tooling engineers across Apple to deliver high impact integrations and that touch all of Apple's major product lines.
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal) or 5+ years experience
* Experience with coffee script.
* Experience with gulp/grunt and other front-end deployment tools.
* Experience with SVG/canvas for visualizing data.
* Experience with using bootstrap markup and CSS.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.Apply
The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service in 2018 and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good!
Consider a career with our Software Engineer – Backend team within T-Mobile’s Home + Entertainment (formerly Layer3 TV) team in Boston’s Seaport District as well as Denver, CO. In the role, you will develop backend JSON APIs that power our customers video watching experience. We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Developing RESTful JSON APIs using NodeJS
Building distributed cloud microservices that support an in-home IPTV cable service
Designing application solutions to complex problems leveraging micro-service architecture and common design patterns
Following coding best practices including coding standards, peer code reviews and writing unit tests
Developing and update support documentation
Translate business and functional requirements into technical tasks and user stories
Providing on-call and after-hours support as needed
Coach and mentor team members as needed
The ideal candidate has many of the following skills, ability and knowledge:
Building testable, scalable back-end APIs
Experience with relational and NoSQL databases. MongoDB a plus
Experience with cloud-based development, e.g., AWS
Familiarity with scaling and performance optimization
Experience working within agile methodologies
Understanding of software design patterns and micro-service architecture
Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
7+ years of professional related experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
Masters of Science a plus