Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
**UI Architect **
MyVest is a growing fintech company in the heart of San Francisco that builds enterprise-level software for wealth management. Our software helps some of the leading financial institutions in the country empower more families secure their financial future. We are deeply committed to our award-winning company culture, where collaboration, transparency, work/life balance and fun are top priorities. We like each other and we like coming to work each day!
The Architecture and Platform Engineering teams are responsible for maintaining and innovating MyVest's technology stack and application infrastructure. You will contribute to and lead projects dedicated to improving the utility, security, scalability, and performance of our front-end architecture.
Drive the creation of modern, responsive UI screens for a next-generation digital experience in the financial services space for both new product initiatives and legacy UI transformation.
Engage with the CTO, product management, and UX designer in creating the overall UI architecture and roadmap.
Work in the theoretical space with an eye on the real world implementation experience.
Create proof of concepts and code when appropriate.
Standardize UI development across multiple teams and large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles.
Provide quality feedback in code reviews.
Actively participate in the hiring of new developers.
A hands-on UI engineer and visionary who can guide development of world-class digital user experiences.
Passionate about UI/UX and providing individual mentorship to engineers.
A strong advocate for best practices and standards, with a focus on infrastructure, reusability, testing, and development efficiency.
Eager to learn latest UI technologies/frameworks/tools and apply them in solving complex business problems.
An excellent communicator (written and verbal), with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees and customers.
Able to collaborate well with others and thrive with challenging assignments.
A self-starter, able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction.
6-8 years significant experience as a UI-focused software engineer in a formal product development environment.
Guided the design and implementation of a responsive, web-based, mobile-friendly, production UI application for at least 2 years.
The ability to create web applications that provide a rich user experience using stateless HTTP design patterns.
Experience creating UI screens that can handle large data sets.
BS in computer science or computer engineering.
Preferably Financial Services industry and analytics visualization experience, though these are not required.
Don't worry, we don't expect you to have everything on this list, but the more the merrier!
Flexible time off
Dedication to work/life balance
$1,500 Annual Professional Development budget to grow your career
Generous coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance premiums — for you AND your family
Bright open office in FiDi with views of the Bay
MyVest is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).Apply
We are a mature profitable company with a SAAS product used by 100s of ecommerce companies worldwide and impact 100M’s of users monthly.
The company product includes product recommendations, triggered emails, content personalization and visitor segmentation and targeting.
We will teach you everything you need to know about the system but you are expected to work independently and be self motivated. Eventually we expect you to become an expert in the system and be responsible for future development.
In the long run you will also learn the system architecture including load balancing, security, routing, provisioning etc.. and will be partially responsible for keeping it running when other people responsible are not around.
You will work with the Developer/CTO who developed it from scratch.
Apply now and work remotely at BarillianceApply
Senior Node JS Developer
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven microservices in Node.js that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. In the Users and Monetization team we build a service with a 99.99% Availability (100ms latency for 95th percentile) in a multi-region setup using Cassandra with zero downtime deployments to give our customers the best user experience for a future multi-million user base. The responsibility of our service is to provide authentication (direct or third party OAuth2/SSO), authorisation, subscription and payment management with the payment providers.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Work in a team of passionate and talented engineers that self-organise and continuously deliver value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js.
- Engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises - implement processes, systems and tools to aid and you and your team in the day to day work.
- Participate in technical design and architectural discussions within your team and with other teams solve some real consumer issues
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS without disrupting the service
- learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and you are open to coach each other in the team.
- How you do it
- you enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- we value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- you get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- your develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- we really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
Why you’ll love working for us
- Competitive remote contract opportunity
- Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
- Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!
Apply now and work remotely at Joyn