Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Software Development Lead
Ready to lead and grow a team of developers while executing the company vision? We need a Principal Developer who can grow our team from 3 to 15 developers by the end of next year, while having a direct impact on the growth and future of the organization. You’ll be able to work remotely from anywhere in North America and we’re looking for someone to get started right away with growing the team!
At Funnelytics, we provide the ultimate tool for marketers. We’re working to build the gold standard in marketing analytics products. We believe that analytics should be an interactive experience, rather than a simple visualization of charts and graphs. Analytics products with the same dry metrics are all too common. Our mission is to provide a marketing analytics platform that intuitively opens up new insights that you would only otherwise get from a team of data scientists.
We’re based out of Toronto, Canada, but you’re free to live anywhere in North America. There are 15 of us and we’re a pretty fun crew. We’re proud and excited about the work we’re doing. We can’t wait to meet you, share our passion, and bring you aboard!
The Job Overview:
We are looking for someone ASAP! As the Principal Developer at Funnelytics, you will play an instrumental role in reshaping the way in which businesses and marketers think about web analytics. We’ve thrown away traditional charts and graphs to start from scratch to build an immersive analytics platform.
You’ll take charge of growing out our engineering group from a modest team of three developers to a team of eight, and ensuring that those teams are able to do their best work under your leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll be leading the vision of the development and growing the team.
You will be personally responsible for leading a team of 3 incredible developers. We are expecting rapid growth over the next 6 to 12 months and need you to build out your driven and qualified development team to 8 members by early 2021.
We need a ‘Hands-on Developer’ who has no problem jumping in and learning the system.
Day to Day:
Setting up processes
- Driving Agile development methodology
- Working within JIRA
- Building integrations with multiple marketing platforms
- Work closely with the Product Team for improvements
- Development with Node and Redshift
- Interviewing and hiring decisions on which highly-qualified engineers to bring on board
**Responsibilities and Projects:
- Expand an engineering team focused on building the future of analytics.
- Coach a team of engineers to remove roadblocks and implement features to the best of their abilities.
- Implement processes to keep the engineering team performing at their peak.
- Take the lead in new initiatives to increase security, monitoring, and testing.
- Create and enforce timelines for development projects.
- Construct an execution plan to reach goals set out in our technical vision.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the progress of projects and the status of engineering.
- Create strategies to reduce technical debt while continuing to deliver value to customers.
- Create KPIs to maintain accountability.
**Remember this role is 100% Remote in North America!
An Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Experience with Node and Redshift (customer-facing analytics)
- A proven track record of building out engineering teams. If you have had past experience of growing out a small dev team one to two times, that’s great!
- Experience in building out analytics products.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- No egos or micro-management. We want someone who just wants to build out the best software and take pride in their work.
- It’s preferable if you’ve worked in small companies, but we’re open to backgrounds in large companies as well.
**Nice to haves:
This is a more backend focused role but frontend experience is helpful.
Cultural competency is important to us. We are looking for someone who is adaptable and can easily embrace change in a fast-moving environment. We are all team players and we encourage everyone to be transparent and communicate. We are problem solvers and always support each other to do the best work we can. Our company provides a culture where our team members can evolve professionally and personally while taking a sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.
So, what do you think? We want to hear from you! Our team is excited about adding a Principal Developer to our team and look forward to meeting you.
Apply now and work remotely at Funnelytics
Learning Tapestry is an engineering and consulting agency building the future of education.
We believe in working remotely, flexible work arrangements and delivering great work.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Node.js and React.js.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have either:
Computer Science or Engineering degree or other STEM degree, or
Exceptional professional software engineer experience and expertise
- Senior in Node.js development
- Experienced in React.js development
- You have very good written communication skills, fluent written English, and comfortable, clear spoken English.
- At least five years of Software Engineering Experience.
- Write clean, self-explanatory code using S.O.L.I.D. and design patterns
- Experience consuming APIs
- Experience with SQL DBs. Specifically experience with Postgres a plus, as we use mainly Postgres.
- Experience working in collaborative environment using git (e.g. GitHub).
- Comfortable using ticket-based technical project management (e.g., GitHub tickets and boards)
- Some DevOps/Linux experience with AWS/Azure/Rackspace/Heroku/DigitalOcean
- Continuous Integration and Deployment experience (e.g., CodeShip, Cloud66)
Learning Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply. We are also particularly interested in individuals who have lived in or worked with underserved communities such as low-income, gender nonconforming, disabled, or indigenous peoples.
Apply now and work remotely at Learning Tapestry
Senior Front End Developer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer, focused on web front ends, to lead the development of our product UI/UX.
We are a cyber security company with many projects. Our web application is multi-lingual and has a base set of functionality, but we have an extensive list of features in our goal of a peerless product. Architecting, understanding our extensive backend, and implementing these features would be about 95% of your time. Additionally, our marketing websites are multi-lingual and updated about once per month, so this would be about 5% of your time.
We're developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help.
PolySwarm is a marketplace that produces crowdsourced threat intelligence (malware detection today, more tomorrow).
No one has done this before. We'll get things wrong - that's okay! With your help, we'll get fewer things wrong, identify mistakes earlier, and improve processes to prevent future missteps.
You're in on the ground floor - you'll have a say in what we do and how we do it. By joining PolySwarm, you'll be joining a dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information (computer) security and blockchain - answering questions few have thought to ask.
If You Are:
- familiar with Python or Rust
- experienced at creating clean/efficient UX
- experienced building both the front-end and back-end for a web application
- experienced with payment processing services like Stripe
- experienced at developing/managing a multi-language web application
- proficient in speaking/writing/reading English
… then we are interested in you.
The Ideal Candidate Is
independently motivated & self-directing
introspective: able to identify weak spots / problem areas in our existing processes or code and suggest / implement solutions
interested in creating a top quality user experience for both desktop and mobile users
interested in web application development
has an eye for design
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Paid vacation days
- Flexible work hours - we have core hours on weekdays during US business hours, but outside of scheduled meetings, but if you want to start a little earlier or stay a little later, that's up to you..
- Remote Ok - You can work remotely, or you can work from one of our offices when this Covid-19 stuff ends.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The PolySwarm Team is made up of InfoSec veterans with decades of experience in government and industry. We’re driven to improve the threat intelligence landscape for ourselves, our clients and the industry at large. By providing robust incentives that align participants’ interest with continued innovation, PolySwarm will break the mold of today’s iterative threat intelligence offerings.
All PolySwarm (Co-)Founders are also members of Narf Industries, LLC, a boutique information security firm specializing in tailored solutions for government and large enterprises. Narf operates on the cutting-edge of InfoSec, blockchain and cryptographic research, having recently completed a blockchain-based identity management project for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as well as several cutting-edge partial homomorphic encryption projects on behalf of DARPA.
For more about the team and the team's advisers, head over to: https://polyswarm.io/team
To see our web application, head over to: https://polyswarm.network
What we use:
- React, Redux
- Elastic Search
Apply now and work remotely at PolySwarm