Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Emprove is seeking a kick-ass Full Stack Engineer /SRE to join our Product Development team in Burlingame, CA.
Emprove has a deep passion for quality and we are seeing talent with the same values.
Come join our well-funded company and disrupt a $500B industry with cutting technology!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work closely with our other engineers to build and ship key features. We are detail oriented and value clean, modular, and high-performing code. As an early engineer, you’ll directly influence our entire tech stack, from standards to frameworks to architecture. We love engineering-wide consistency in code and have huge ambitions on both client and server side.
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to develop and ship features
- Design, build and maintain our REST API’s
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable libraries and abstractions
- Design and build internal tooling to improve development efficiency
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- Assist with release and site reliability engineering
- 5+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Exposure to front and back end architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Ability to design clean REST APIs and understanding of performance issues
- Experienced with software engineering best practices – design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical specifications both verbal and written
- Command over front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, React
- Experience with database schema design, especially MySQL and MongoDB
- Solid CS fundamentals – including data structures and algorithms
- Deployment automation
Nice to Have’s:
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Understanding of security, common attacks, and defenses
- Experience with infrastructure, distributed systems, and deploying apps into a high-scale environment
- Experience building and maintaining open source repositories
This is not a 9-5 job. We're looking for ambitious engineers who are eager for a challenge and ready to jump in.
Interested? Send us a note at email@example.comApply
Jobs farther away
Senior Full Stack Developer
Tenna is searching for a Senior Full Stack Developer to lead and develop the second generation of our IoT product. The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, an excellent communicator, experienced in transformation projects, and possess a passion for the IoT revolution. You will be part of a highly collaborative development process, develop next-generation code, and join on the ground-floor of the re-architecture of the Tenna product line as we scale our platform.
Write lots of bug-free, efficient, scalable and reusable code.
Transition the current platform to a micro-services architecture.
Unit test and take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
Coach, encourage and mentor your fellow software developers to do the same.
Consult with senior leadership concerning corporate direction and planning of computing environments.
Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
Work with the QA to ensure a cohesive, quality product is produced.
Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve the overall product.
Be a key participant in the Agile process.
Produce excellent documentation.
8+ Years Programming Experience
Experience with Cucumber, RSpec, React, Git, Java, C, and Python
Experience with Rabbit MQ or MQ Equivalents
Experience with Contained Application Deployments (Docker, Heroku)
Experience with NoSQL-based Database Architectures
Proficient with Amazon Web Servers (EC2, VPC, S3, Elasticsearch, Kinesis)
Have a Functional & Scalable Working Knowledge of Linux
Have experience with large data systems
Have a passion for Agile-based software development.
Have excellent communication skills.
Have an ability to build an application based on a white-board sketch.
Have an ability to build highly scalable and efficient applications.
Have an ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Have a strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals.
Have in-depth knowledge of the open source community, libraries,
license types and how to incorporate these into a product appropriately.
Be self-motivated and driven to build software products.
Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
Communicates well, both written and verbally