Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Jobs farther away
Senior FullStack Engineer
Alloy is where you belong!
What You Will Do
Alloy's product can be roughly divided into two sides—a Django/React web app and a Node.js API. We're looking for help maintaining and building out features for the former (and really the latter, too, but that's a different job, and if that sounds fun then you should talk to my colleague Jeff).
Design new features!
- Talk to users, understand their requirements, and work with our full-time designer Rachelle to spec out beautiful new user experiences.
- Starting with the database design and finishing with the final UX and style touches, write good code that brings your features to life. Once they're tested, peer-reviewed, and QA'ed, they'll be deployed to our production environment.
- What went wrong? How can we make sure it never happens again? We live for the root-cause analysis after getting things back up and running for our customers as soon as possible!
Support the team!
- Keep the customer success crew in the loop for a feature timeline. Run a SQL query for operations to determine this month's billing amounts. Help out where you can!
You decide! It's a small team—the definition of the role is somewhat flexible and will grow to reflect your own strengths and interests!
What We Are Looking For
3+ years real-world experience working as a software developer on code in production.
While we like to think of ourselves as "platform-agnostic" in our hiring process, we expect that someone in this role will be familiar with or willing to learn our existing stack:
Python 3, Django - Serves as the back end for our dashboards.
SCSS, Bootstrap 4 - Compiled by Webpack and Babel.
PostgreSQL - Our main data store.
Elasticsearch - For quick full-text searching.
Git/Github - Version control
AWS infrastructure tools
Unix command line
- We're open to people whose experience is mainly on personal projects and/or contracting but we'd really like someone who has experience working with a team.
College degree in computer science is helpful, but not necessary
How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply