Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
REQUIRED: Must work on-site in San Francisco. Sorry, no visas.
For immediate consideration, email resume and GitHub/coding samples to email@example.com
Who are you?
Technical must haves for this role are:
2+ years professional experience building React/Redux applications
Familiar with newer ECMAScript syntax and best practices
Fluent in data structures and algorithms
Familiar with Jest or other popular testing framework
Familiar with HTTP protocol, session handling, authentication, and latency issues
Competent in at least one compiled language
Google Cloud Platform
Jobs farther away
Perhaps in a past life you were a mechanical engineer or energy modeler that was drawn into the intriguing world of web programming and software development long ago. Maybe you have a degree in physics or mathematics but somewhere along the way you became more excited about creating the software tools rather than using them. Or possibly you’re just a really talented web developer that drives a Prius and loves to recycle. You are now an encyclopedia of programming knowledge and web wisdom accrued over the years. So what’s missing? Maybe you’ve been working at Internetz Inc. where you and a horde of other developers try to maximize the clicks while hanging on for that mercurial, next round of VC funding. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you wonder if it might be possible to put your skills to good use for a higher purpose… What if you could enjoy the challenge of interesting, creative work, while also having a meaningful impact on the planet? What if you could play a major role in a small, but growing, dynamic team of mechanical engineers, scientists, and programmers? Sound like you?
This job is a full-time position at our headquarters in downtown Denver. If hired, responsibilities would include:
Developing web-based user interfaces for energy modeling tools
Redesigning and updating company websites (bigladdersoftware.com, unmethours.com).
To be considered for the job, you should be able to demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
Experience leading the development of a significant web application project
Experience with systems integration using REST, SOAP, and other APIs
Strong understanding of the fundamentals of programming
Ability to rapidly implement single-page applications from design specs
Experience using React and Redux libraries for complex applications
Experience integrating with databases and web services in the middle of the stack
Familiarity with full-stack web development and application deployment
Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
Excellent communication and people skills.
The following qualifications are not required but will help your application stand out from the crowd:
Background in energy/building science, energy modeling, physics, or mathematics
Experience with UI/UX design
Experience with web application testing frameworks
Experience with data visualization and/or charting libraries (D3, etc.)
Experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Python, etc.)
Experience with open-source software development.
Senior React Developer
Justuno is a profitable marketing software company focused on delivering the highest quality product and customer experience to ensure long term sustainable growth. Our services serve 100s of millions of users and billions of requests each month.
Currently our team is mostly Full Stack Developers that lean more toward backend work. We want to split our team and have someone lead our frontend development as we modernize our platform and add new exciting features for our customers.
We have a sane interview process without whiteboarding or questions about algorithms unrelated to frontend development work.
2+ Years React JS Experience
2+ Years HTML/Responsive CSS Experience
Passionate about React and Frontend Development
Deep understanding of promises and REST
Previous experience conducting code reviews and mentoring less senior developers
Ability to take wireframes or designs and translate them into high quality user interfaces.
Knowledge of React best practices and configuration
Ability to read and modify server side code when necessary
Experience building large and complex SPA with multiple stakeholders and teams.
A deep understanding of webpack and more advanced features such as code splitting and tree shaking.
Experience with charting libraries that Justuno uses on our analytics platforms such as D3 or Highcharts.
Understanding of state management systems such as Redux
Understanding of Flow or Typescript and appropriate build processes.
Experience setting organization wide frontend standards for component and style reuse.
Developing new features in React while working closely with API & Design teams.
Ensuring high quality code is delivered on time and on spec
Ownership of frontend code and standards
The Frontend team at Squarespace is responsible for building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers are able to easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to push the envelope with what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you! This role will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
Take a lead role with other engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
Keep our product up to date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2015+
Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
Actively contribute to team and company standards
Mentor junior team members
Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
Have experience with Single Page Application development
Keep up to date with the newest technologies
Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
5+ years of industry experience
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for Full Stack Developers to join us and be a key player in the design, coding, testing and deployment of technical output for one of our key clients.
This is a contract position.
Your responsibilities will include:
Develop client side features that are simple, elegant and efficient
Develop robust code to be used by millions of users
Contribute to all areas of development including user interface, graphics & logic
Independently create complete solutions from scratch
Support & contribute product ideas
Developing new features and user interfaces from wire-frame models (utilizing react + redux) along with node.js in production environment
Fixing bugs and performance problems
Writing clean, readable, and testable code
Cooperating with Product Managers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
Development work on high-traffic mobile applications (preferably in the e-commerce sector)
HFC is a good fit for entrepreneurially-minded doers that learn and adapt quickly and have a passion for what they do. What we look for is someone with a great attitude, experience with turning ideas into fully-fledged products. If this sounds like you, send us through your application.Apply
React Native Software Engineer
Map My Customers is looking for a mobile developer with experience developing for both Android and iOS, with significant experience developing with React Native. Working with a small, growing team of experienced engineers you'll be a key player in developing new features and creating an excellent experience for our mobile users. In this position, you'll be expected to exhibit a solid understanding of mobile design patterns, write and maintain features of our mobile application, participate in product planning and pitch/implement new ideas to improve our product, partner with other engineers to push projects to completion.
- Build hybrid mobile applications with react native development for iOS and Android platforms
- Familiar working with REST APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Develop new user-facing features using React Native
- Design and write software technical specifications and perform unit testing
- Document processes and development projects
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Experience with or understanding of relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google App stores
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Work collaboratively with peers, stakeholders and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycle
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience with React Native or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle (Android Studio, IntelliJ)
- Experience writing automated tests (Mocha and Jasmine)
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
- Understanding of the various design patterns used in mobile development and how to implement them
- Know how the web works under the hood (TCP, HTTP, DNS, IP, caches, etc)
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Proven source code tooling with Git (ability to feature branch, merge, pull, push)
- Understanding of mobile analytics and source attribution
- Solid understanding of the React lifecycle
- Familiar with releasing apps to the App Store and Google Play
- Demonstrable previous work (or passion projects)