Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Senior Backend Engineer
The VOLT Marketing Agency is a comprehensive leader in the direct-to-consumer eCommerce industry that focuses on scaling international brands to 8 figures of revenue. With a combined focus on performance marketing and full-stack development, VOLT presents a unique & compatible service offering that fosters sustainable growth.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Volt, you will be tasked with delivering pixel-perfect renditions of static design assets while implementing best practices. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for identifying any foreseeable bottlenecks in project timelines before they surface. You’ll be reporting to your department head who will be hands-on in supporting your development efforts.
- Uses best practice in all circumstances
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable using CLI
- Ability to write ES6 compatible JS
- Experience using CSS/JS Preprocessors
- Experience using CSS/JS Linters
- Familiar with Jira, Asana, or related platforms
- Ability to work autonomously
Nice to have:
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience with Shopify and other e-commerce platforms
- Familiar with code review processes
- Understanding of different licenses
Apply now and work remotely at Volt Agency LLC
🤩 We are Donut
- Say no to idle money. If you've ever wondered why your bank account is earning 0.1% and banks are worth billions, we're here to change that.
- We believe the future is open finance. DeFi makes financial independence possible for all—offering 2-10%+ yields and earning opportunities far superior to traditional banks and institutions.
- Our traction is standout. We have 5,000+ users already using Donut and seen 50%+ monthly growth rates since launch.
- We've raised $2.8M by the backers of N26. We're backed by amazing FinTech and DeFi investors including Redalpine, InVentures, Robot Ventures (Robert Leshner, CEO Compound), Tiny VC & Entrepreneur First.
🎪 The role
- You'll be building an Event-Driven Microservice architecture based on Golang on Kubernetes
- You'll be working with cutting edge technologies like GraphQL and Terraform
- You'll be working on DeFi and Crypto products, initiating Ethereum blockchain transactions and building out our on-chain architecture
- You'll be collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to help craft new features including fun ways to help everyone micro-invest, earn exciting rewards and improve their financial well being
- You'll be able to learn and help others grow through frequent knowledge sharing
🙌 About you
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Software Engineering with industry-standard server languages, e.g. Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Go
- You have at least 1 year of experience writing Go code
- You take initiatives and ownership of your work and take it from idea to production
- You believe that code quality is one of the most important factors for our long term success
- You believe that TDD is the way to Go
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
🌻 Our offer
- €60,000 - €80,000 per annum + 10-15% bonus in equity
- Everyone at Donut is an owner, we believe this is the way we can all win
- Full time contract
- Based in Berlin or remote in Europe (CET +/- 2 hours)
## 👍 The perks
Our team is standout: here, you'll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
By joining our Bakery as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of frontend engineering at Donut
We have a flexible remote work policy, so if you need to work from home that's cool. We try to meet up every few weeks to maintain that personal touch
The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack
The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software and desk set-up
And of course, vegan donuts!
Apply now and work remotely at Donut
Senior Node.js Backend Engineer
OpenNode is building the future of money through simple, secure, instant, and low-cost Bitcoin payment infrastructure for businesses everywhere.
We are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to deliver distributed, resilient and high-performing backend services using Node.js + TypeScript.
The role will report to the CTO. This position is full-time and ideally based in Los Angeles, CA - but location is flexible for the right candidates.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building backend systems
- Proven expertise with SWE standard methodologies for development, code reuse, testing etc
- Experience with web services (consuming and creating) with REST
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with RDMS (PostgreSQL), real time messaging systems, advanced cache stores like Redis
- Capable and willing to add value from micro to macro
- Thoughtful and articulate.
- Work closely with the CTO to design and develop distributed, resilient and high-performing backend services using Node.js
- Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extend their functionality
- Act in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring junior engineers and new team members
- Work both collaboratively and independently
- Investigate new technologies and practices
- Work closely with front-end developers
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with gRPC
- Understanding of Bitcoin and the Lightning Network
- Entrepreneurship or startup experience
- Adept at writing technical documentation
- Speak multiple languages and/or have spent significant time abroad
- Well connected in the crypto and/or payments industry
Apply now and work remotely at OpenNode
Jobs farther away
Node.js Developer / Consultant (FT, Remote)
**Bitovi helps companies create better web applications. **
We are looking for candidates to help build complex and high-profile web applications within our consulting practice. We guide our clients to build things the "right way": maintainable, scalable, tested, documented, etc.
**Our developers are *consultantswho are knowledgeable and proficient communicators, and are able to help enterprise clients make the right decisions for their applications.*
**Hello Potential Bitovian *sums it up well (short read!)***
**We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes: **
- Experience developing applications at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to deliver real-work solutions and platforms
- Ability to lead a team and be an integral part of a team
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly. A people person.
- Willing and able to travel onsite, to a Chicago office 1-2 weeks per month
- Doesn't mind a bit of travel, averaging one week every couple of months
- Strong, working knowledge of Node.js
- Payment integrations, 3rd party integrations, and/or Redis
- Handling complex scaling issues (sessions, locked lists), tiered caching, sharding data, and sticky load balancing
- Developing modern, micro-service-based web applications
- Complex systems and API Integrations
- Some full stack experience (Deployment, Database, and Frontend)
Other Skills we value:
- Source control with Git.
- Environments setup, secure configuration, and deployments (AWS, Docker, CloudFoundry, Heroku, etc.)
- Server and browser security
- Database schema design and development experience for both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Understanding and implementing authentication - know when it's appropriate to use sessions, API tokens, JWT, cookies or a mix.
- Authorization and access control - Role-based, and attribute-based
- Concurrency and scaling application servers.
- The Microservice architecture
- Logging, rate limiting
- Test driven development and benchmarking
In addition to client work, you'll have the opportunity to shape a growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi developers:
- Speak at conferences
- Give trainings
- Run meet ups
- Maintain open source projects
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Interested in Applying at Bitovi?
Write a resume and a thoughtful intro that shows us that you're the kind of person we've described above. Your intro should include:
1 - Why you are interested in this role
2 - Something you worked on recently that you are proud of
3 - A fun fact about yourself
If you have any specific salary requirements or other conditions, make sure to include those as well.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with recruiters at this time. All job offers are contingent on passing a background check.Apply