Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
UI Engineer , Apple Media Products
Apple is seeking a highly experienced User Interface Engineer to join our Apple Media Products team
Experience building complex, large scale applications
Experience with CSS3 and Less/Sass (ability to write mixins, partials, functions, etc) and usage in large scale applications
Proven ability to share and collaborate with peers both verbally and in writing Experience in Single Page Application architecture
Proficient knowledge of Git and NPM Experience with testing frameworks capable of learning new programming languages
Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
Excellent oral and written English interpersonal skills.
Experience with UI build environments and automation
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.Apply
Jobs farther away
Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Software Quality Assurance
Work in the Build & Infrastructure Group (BIG) of the Calibre product line to assist the Development Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to configure, compile, and test the multiple product configurations and platform environments necessary to support product development and release operations. Duties will include:
• Executing software builds
• Contributing to enhancing the build and release infrastructure and process e.g. migration from CVS to Git
• Participating in projects to support and qualify compilers and Unix OS's and helping to port 3rd Party and approved Open Source software to our supported platforms.
• Responding to questions and requests for assistance in the BIG help queue
• Working closely with the rest of the BIG team on various projects to support the Design to Silicon Division's build, development, test, evaluation and release of its products.
• Technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system environments required.
• The qualified candidate should have good working knowledge and working experience with compilers, Makefiles, configuration management procedures, and Unix operating systems.
• Ability to use shell scripting and interpreted software languages (e.g. Perl, Tcl/Tk, Python) to solve operational issues is required for job success.
• Experience with modern source code control systems like git is desired.
• 5+ years of related experience is desired.
• The candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills; be self-motivated and able to work independently; exhibit a service-oriented attitude; and be able to work closely with the product development and quality assurance engineers in a world-wide, multi-site development environment to both gather requirements and work with them to successfully deploy solutions.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Apply
Angular 2 Engineer
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with Alogent to manage the recruitment of this position.
Alogent has an immediate need for STRONG Angular 2 Engineers in the Norcross, GA area. Must sit on site.
* Angular 2+
* 50% front end - 50% back end
* Can design full stack implementation, browser to database
* .NET Framework, specifically with C#
* SQL Server query design
* Entity Framework
* Some design
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship.Apply
Who we are
At Broadway.com the result of your work will be seen and used by millions of people—tourists, theater lovers, students, groups, etc. Your creative and analytical efforts will play a role in their overall Broadway experience.
We believe in user-centered design principles. We focus on customer’s job-to-be done priorities. We employ the "don't make me think" user experience philosophy. We use research and creativity to elevate the experience, and we analyze our decisions to ensure the quality of the products we build.
From the technology side, we use AWS, Python, ReactJS, Cypress, Django, Swift, MySQL, Docker, Webpack, and Sass… among other things. Our team is passionate, professional, and all care deeply about our teammates, our customer experience, and the quality of the software that supports it.
We’re a cross-discipline team consisting of product, design, engineering, and quality assurance that works closely together.
We challenge ourselves to improve the customer experience and grow our skills. The greatest successes are from team efforts, listening, sharing, iterating on our process, and improving ourselves from lessons learned throughout our journey. Let’s create something awesome together.
We also go to conferences, offer plenty of learning resources, enjoy summer Fridays, and a handful of other fun things we hope to tell you about.
Our core values are based on the foundation of respect, trust, candor, and, support. We value positivity, quality, and collaboration, among others. We’re excited to discuss and share more about our values and qualities we expect of our team members and what you should expect of us. We’re always looking to improve and expect all team members to participate in our evolution.
What you'll do
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you may have done last week, among other things…
Participated in product reviews with your team and stakeholders.
Develop and collaborate on React component iterations
Deployed a new experience you’ve been working on that went through prototyping, and testing, but failed in a live a/b experiment… and learned from it.
Pitched a different implementation of a design deliverable you received by prototyping your concept.
Worked closely with a QA Analyst to review a bug in your code.
Reviewed how a new design fits into our existing UI library, worked towards reducing duplicate styles, removed extraneous elements, and kept your code lean and DRY.
Worked within constraints of business requirements and timelines.
Identified new opportunities to improve the customer experience.
Other front-end development related tasks as needed.
Tools We Use
We focus on elevating the customer experience through creative and thoughtful solutions and we are responsible for supporting our solutions in collaboration with the devops team. We’re looking for someone with experience with the below…
You are fluent with HTML, CSS, JS and Git.
You know what BEM, OOCSS and SMACSS are, and why they are important.
You have 4+ years developing, deploying, and supporting a production, responsive web application with a team.
You have of a portfolio of well executed, engaging and interactive product development, including API integration, lazy loading, animation, and various user experience enhancements to improve the quality and feel of the product experience.
You’re responsive for constructive code reviews. You help others learn from your feedback, and you learn from their code as well. You hold yourself and the team to a high standard of code quality.
Client-side performance is a priority. You’re well versed in DOM and CSSOM interfaces. You focus on best practices when implementing new solutions and leverage performance analysis tools to evaluate costs.
You are able to debug issues with urgency. You’re excellent analyzing browser debugging tools and application logs to work towards a solution.
You are able to communicate complex solutions into clear, actionable items, and communicate the current state of progress with clarity.
You are comfortable with the command line, familiar with Linux, and you are able to support and resolve production issues using the various solutions available to you.
You create accessible solutions. We comply with the latest WCAG standards.
You test your code across browsers, platforms, and devices.
You mentor teammates to help their growth.
You clearly communicate risk.
You share teammate successes with others.
You have experience with Python and Django or familiar frameworks.
You stay up-to-date with new and changing technologies. You research new solutions that may help improve our application or developer UX but don’t rush into the newest tools without analyzing the cost and benefits.
Who you are
Understanding our shared expectations is key to a successful relationship. The ideal candidate for this role meets or exceeds these expectations. You are in alignment with our values and goals. We’ll share and discuss more of this as we learn about each other…
You are a professional and you’re passionate about your craft.
You are able to lead a project, and small team, from start to deployment and support.
You are able to gracefully support releases and resolve production issues when they arise.
You care about your work and how it affects your team, the product, and our customers. You love to create.
You’re accountable for your actions and commitments. We’re also here to support you to make sure you succeed.
You are proactive with an innate desire to improve the product and your career. You may kick off new projects and help drive the team towards future improvements.
You are self-aware and driven. You consider where you are today, where you need to improve, and where you want to be in the future and we’ll help you get there.
You’re a goal setter with the ability to align prioritize with team and company initiatives.
You communicate well, early and often. There’s no guessing where you are now, where you are going, and if there are any obstacles. Clear communication is key.
Estimation is difficult, but you are able to analyze specifications and estimate with confidence. We’re agile, so we’re nimble throughout.
You’re inventive and pragmatic. You’ve analyze proposed solutions and either execute with clarity on the solution and/or collaborate on evolving the solution to a more successful implementation.
You have the ability to navigate ambiguity and know when to kick start discussions with the team to navigate questions and concerns throughout the process.
You’re able to get unstuck by yourself or with the help of teammates, and you help others get unstuck.
You’re able to focus on priorities and align with our shared “the most important thing we should be doing now” roadmap.
You drive projects forward with thoughtfulness and care. You also respect urgency, when needed.
You tend the garden by refactoring code, optimizing for performance, and evaluating new tools to help us future forward.
You have excellent coding skills, commitment to web standards, and practice human-centered design principles.
You enjoy collaboration and constructive feedback. You appreciate the sharing of ideas and concepts.
You avoid recklessness and chaos through clear communication and thoughtful decision making.
You are able to quickly relay feedback from a design session or stakeholder meeting into a prototype, and continue to work with the team towards shipping product updates.
You have a passion for quality and an eye for detail. You obsess over the customer's experience and the usability of the product you are building.
You are humble and able to share when you don’t know the best way to progress. We’re here to help.
Include a link to any public code examples (websites, Github, etc) you may have.
- Send a PDF of your resume to email@example.com
* This is not a telecommute job. *Apply
Front End Engineer - COIN (React.js)
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are looking for a talented and passionate developer to join COIN's team. You will work closely with all parties of the team to make automated money management systems fun and bring the vision of value-based investment to life.
Our vision is empowering you to make a difference with your money.
COIN is a platform that helps you invest in a custom mix of companies making an impact in the areas you care about most. Whether you’re passionate about climate action, gender equality or better health, we believe you should have the power to make a difference with your money.
Backed by John Hancock, we combine 150 years of investment expertise with our passion for maximizing positive impact. We are inspired by the United Nations Global Goals, and believe that when our values and finances align, the future we want becomes possible.
- 4+ years of experience in CSS, HTML
- 3+ years building Single Page Applications, preferably with experience in react.js
- Mobile First / Responsive Design
- Working with and implementing visual designs
- Git and/or git flow
- Working in an agile fashion
- Building high traffic, modular applications
- TDD approach to writing code
- Testing frameworks such as jest is a plus
- Familiarity with other OO languages such as C# or Java is a plus
- Work on a daily rotating pair on all aspects of the application - Work in an agile fashion (small stories that are not prescriptive of implementation details)
- Bring your own ideas to the table and discuss them with the team to make the biggest impact for our customers
- Participate in the whole development lifecycle from idea to production
- You enjoy the idea of deploying code on your first day of work
- Code is more than lines of text to you - You are passionate about innovation and creating experiences that enrich our customer's lives - You solve problems and are a team player, ready to collaborate and share your ideas - You value fast-paced, agile engineering rooted in collaboration, humility, trust, and learning - You are passionate about technology
- You enjoy communicating and sharing with the other developers
- You're willing to foster a culture that encourages close collaboration and evidence-based decisions
- Highly competitive salary and bonus - World class medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Top tier retirement/401K Plan
- Life & Disability Coverage
- Commuter Benefits Programs
- Lifestyle Benefits Programs (including gym subsidies and tuition reimbursements)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.Apply