Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
You can read our story here or check out a quick YouTube video.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
Work with top-flight software and hardware engineering talent from places like Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, designers, and operators.
Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices.
Collaborate with domain experts in fields like AI and NLP. Our engineers made major contributions to projects such as Amazon Go and TensorFlow.
Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
Full stack - You’ve done front-end, back-end, and every kind of end.
Product passion - You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands. You don’t really need a product manager because you’re basically one yourself.
Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
Curiosity - You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related field
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.Apply
At Powerpal we’re building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform. Our customers love us – they’re saving money on their bills and helping out with the climate crisis at the same time!
We’re full-stack from the batteries up. We design and manufacture our own IoT hardware which connects through our cross-platform mobile apps to a cutting edge cloud platform allowing us to build amazing customer experiences on top of huge volumes of data.
We build and maintain a React Native iOS/Android mobile app, a range of Go and Ruby microservice APIs running on Kubernetes, and a Bigtable/Bigquery/Dataflow big data platform – all hosted on on Google Cloud Platform.
We love clean code, automated testing, CI/CD and believe in a true devops workflow where the same team designs, builds, tests, deploys and monitors end-to-end products.
We’re a fully remote team with huge amounts of flexibility and autonomy to set your own schedule and drive your own projects. Ideally you’ll be based close to Sydney, Melbourne or Wollongong so that we can get the team together for a couple of days per month to socialise and share ideas.
A Typical Day
There are so many exciting projects to work on as the company accelerates that no two days are the same, but recently we have been mostly:
- Planning new features for customers with rooftop solar across the Powerpal hardware, mobile app and data platform.
- Building tools to support the rollout of tens of thousands of free Powerpals in Victoria with an amazing customer booking experience and geospatial logistics for our team of installers.
- Moving our terabyte scale time-series database from Postgres to Bigtable with zero downtime.
- Keeping in touch with the team over Slack and Friday afternoon Zoom beers.
- Optimising our cross-platform app to provide the best possible Bluetooth connectivity and background power management across a variety of mobile hardware.
- Ensuring that our cloud infrastructure autoscales and self-heals so that we can ignore it entirely when we’re on holiday.
- Working with our energy industry partners to launch load shifting and demand response experiences to reward customers for balancing their power usage throughout the day.
- Going to the beach on a sunny Wednesday without meetings and getting some quiet coding done on a rainy Sunday afternoon instead.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years development experience across a range of projects, technologies and organisations across both iOS and Android.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using our core stack (Go, Ruby, JS, Kubernetes).
- A previous lead role on a major end-to-end product delivering mobile, web and backend components.
- Significant experience building web-based APIs and their associated data stores (both SQL and NOSQL).
- At least one major project involving big data storage and asynchronous data processing.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and take ownership of teams delivering end-to-end products.
- A background in deploying and owning cloud services (we use Google Cloud, but AWS or Azure will transfer perfectly).
What You’ll Get To Do
- Lead teams delivering user-facing projects with end-to-end features that touch the React Native mobile app, our backend APIs and our big data platform.
- Build a beautiful mobile user experience to help our customers see their power and use it improve their lifestyle.
- Build new tools to support manufacturing, rollout logistics and fleet management of tens of thousands of IoT devices.
- Take a leading role in driving our future mobile direction. Should we be considering dedicated native apps? Should we be using Typescript? How can we make our user experience even better?
- Integrate with our existing backend APIs and get involved in the design and development of new APIs to support the mobile app’s needs.
- Work on hard problems around scaling real-time data feeds with gigabytes of time-series data arriving every day.
- Share ownership of the whole Powerpal system and take responsibility for ensuring that the projects you work on can be deployed, monitored, and maintained without friction.
- Improve the quality of our existing codebases and expand our automated unit testing to include higher level end-to-end testing in multiple environments.
- Help to set the direction for a great developer experience from the laptop to the cloud as we scale our build, test and deployment processes to support a larger team.
- Up to $180k plus super (depending on your specific experience).
- Negotiable equity (options) in a profitable and rapidly growing startup.
- A new Macbook Pro or equivalent value in mobile devices and home office upgrades as necessary.
- A free Powerpal for your home
It doesn’t get better than this! Work at the cutting edge of development as part of this hands-on role whilst helping to drive the development strategy roadmap for an ambitious, growth phase tech start up. An industry leading salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate. Apply now
Apply now and work remotely at Powerpal
Full Stack Engineer
# About us:
- We are small, cross-functional and enthusiastic team that is out for a greater good.
- We don't have set-in-stone product requirements or strict agile procedures.
- In our team every opinion and initiative counts
We are looking for a skilled, creative, proactive and semi independent Full Stack Engineer to help us fully launch the product.
Currently we are building our Beta using bubble.io as an interface with go and python micro services on the back end.
# About you:
- You are somewhat a jack-of-all-trades and passioned about building awesome products from the ground up
- You have a strong 'can do’ attitude
- You are empathetic
It's good if your skills include any combination of the following:
Any back end OOP language
Reactjs, React Native / Typescript
SOAP and REST API’s including XML, JSON
Git and CI/CD
Google Cloud, AWS
Apply now and work remotely at Agenteur
Senior Go Backend Developer
Full remote work possible (European timezones only)
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region. Our products save up to 70% of CO2 emissions in comparison to a new device and are also up to 40% cheaper. Additionally, for every sold device we plant a tree and we were already able to plant more than 200,000 trees to fight global warming.
We were founded in February 2017 and grew to more than 90 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards and have already sold tens of thousands of products, making us one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe in 2020. Additionally, we recently announced one of Austria's biggest Series A funding rounds of € 15.6 mn.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux and FreeBSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience working with load balancing/failover infrastructure
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
- Startup atmosphere
- Full remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation
- Collaboration with all parts of the company
- Experienced and ambitious team
Please send us representative examples of your work, like of open-source projects you contributed to. If you are active in communities like Stack Overflow, please let us know.
Payment, depending on qualification and experience, between 3 000 and 6 500 EUR.
Apply now and work remotely at RefurbedApply