Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
React Native Engineer
Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our mission is simple: to build great products that propel our clients towards success.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and motivated React Native engineer who will help develop world class applications and products. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit group of very talented designers, engineers, and product managers to build software that changes the world.
- Drive the holistic development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release.
- Build mobile applications using React Native
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Release to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- App layout and user interface development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
- Refactoring, paying down technical debt, etc.
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
Let’s Have A Chat If You…
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Have a working knowledge of the Expo platform for React Native.
- Enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- Have integrated with native hardware components in a React Native app.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are competent with developing application interfaces for multiple device types based off of mockups.
- Strive to automate everything you do - from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Android
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- We are looking for people located within the 4 US time zones.
Apply now and work remotely at Fullstack
Senior Software Engineer Mobile
Vinovest is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to drive our efforts to democratize access to fine wine investing. You will be part of our core team and a critical member of our small, growing organization.
Who you are
You are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results.
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of Vinovest’s mobile application from an early stage using technologies such as React Native, React Navigation, and Jest.
- Work with Figma designs to vet, iterate, and implement new features
- Work with backend + data teams to ensure feature efficacy and reporting
- Brainstorm features with product + design teams and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
- Self starter, can do attitude, team player and overall sense of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
What you should have
- 3+ years of software development experience shipping features to consumers using React Native
- Proficiency with Typescript
- An understanding of core mobile application concepts (e.g. mobile app lifecycle, push notification handling, and deep-linking).
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in mobile application architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Exposure to AWS
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet over 50% of the role’s requirements.
Apply now and work remotely at VinovestApply
Front End Developer
Who are we
SuprNation is a technology company founded in 2015 to serve as a home for some of the most competent and creative people in the iGaming industry. Our first product was launched in the summer of 2016, a casino determined to deliver a better user and gaming experience than what is currently available. It’s about time for someone to come along and shake up this industry. SuprNation plans to be that someone.
Our tech stack
- Scala, Java
- GCP, K8s
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join us in designing, developing and maintaining premium web experiences for our consumers. You are a forward-thinking individual who enjoys taking initiative and diving deep into emerging technologies. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Then this is the job for you!
- Develop new cool user-facing features
- Collaborate closely with back-end and front-end engineers to develop new and maintain existing systems
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is an asset
- Experienced with mobile web development
- Experience in delivering high value, heavy UI front-end products
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience with RxJS Observable patterns is considered an asset
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Lab days - Bi-weekly, employees has a whole day to investigate any technology, topic and concepts which they are interested in to ensure there is no technical debt
- Personal setup - We believe that developers are craftsmen and should pick their equipment and tools; this includes mobile, laptop, monitor etc.
- Vacation days, sick days and national holidays - We do not differentiate between remote or on-site employees, and we believe they should have equal benefits
- Flexible timing
- Relocation opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at SuprNation
Jobs farther away
Android UI Engineer
Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 50,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
The Point of Sales Team:
The POS team at Yum.dev functions like a mini-startup except without the late caffeine binging nights and stress about funding! Our dynamic team is made up of engineers with all sorts of backgrounds. We even have a guy who writes Haskell and I mean, who does that!? The POS runs on Android tablets and it’s on us to make them look perfect for KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, or the Habit Burger. You’ll work closely with design and senior engineers to figure out how to provide the best experience possible for our end users.
Be building an Android-based point-of-sale and operations platform that will be a critical tool in tens of thousands of restaurants around the world
Have the opportunity to work on challenging problems in an environment where you can have a very large impact on the end product
Solve problems with the latest and greatest Android and Kotlin APIs
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Solid knowledge of the Android SDK and Kotlin
Passing knowledge of recent Android practices – AndroidX, MVVM
An eagerness to expand your knowledge beyond Retrofit and RoomDB
Willingness and ability to own/manage specific aspects of the development process including implementation, testing, or deployment (CI/CD)
Comfort with reactive UI patterns (RxJava/Flow)
Interest or experience in technologies outside of Android
Social proof of your passion for software development (blog, personal apps or websites, meetup presentations, community involvement)
A few of our perks:
4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
5 sick days
2 paid volunteer days
Medical, dental, vision
Half day Fridays
Generous parental leave
A world-famous recognition culture