Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
VP of Engineering
VP of Engineering at CareValidate will be responsible for design and development of software components for a population health and safety platform helping employees return to work safely. This is a critical role, reporting directly to the CTO and CEO and working closely with product to influence and implement product and technical decisions as we scale to millions of users.
- Oversee and participate in operational activities of the engineering team
- Ensure effective delivery of services and systems
- Improve engineering processes and methodologies
- Balance business needs/speed with the accumulation of technical debt
- Represent the engineering team in internal and client interactions
- 5+ years in software development with experience building scalable web services
- 3+ years in managing software development teams
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies and trade offs
- Be able to code when required, in Node.js, Python
- Should be proficient in defining InfoSec architecture; and be able to articulate to security auditors
- Should be proficient in designing the Privacy-first, Secure-first architecture
- An experience working with ML engineers a plus
- Must know how to design the data architecture to create a plug-n-play Analytics BI system
- Must have experience building a system with one of these compliance requirement: GDPR/CCPA/HiTRUST/PCI
No third parties please
Apply now and work remotely at CareValidate
Senior Full stack Engineer
What do we do?
Hatchways' mission is bold. We're modernizing education by helping those new to the tech industry get real, practical experience on-the-job instead of in the classroom. Our goal is to provide access to opportunities to people who otherwise would have been overlooked by the traditional interview process.
We have revolutionized the technical interview process by using a practical work simulation to assess candidates instead of relying on credentials, years of experience, or impractical CS knowledge to assess candidates.
Hatchways is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. You can read more about our team and culture here - https://hatchways.io/careers.
What we are looking for?
What does senior mean? For us, we are a company that doesn’t hire based on years of experience or credentials. In order to be senior, we are looking for an engineer that can provide technical mentorship to our team and can work on complex technical projects with little to no direction.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies. They are passionate about developing modern, cutting-edge web applications, and can balance empathy to end-users with technical requirements.
What you hopefully bring:
Experience with a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Typescript) and back-end framework (Python, Rails, Node.js)
Our stack is React, Python/Flask, GCP
Experience with non-relational or relational databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra
Experience working with IaaS such as GCP or AWS
Experience giving feedback on others' code through code reviews
A positive attitude, motivated, and a fast learner
You love teamwork and find it easy to collaborate closely with the engineering team to solve complex problems in efficient and scalable ways
You have a passion for solving problems across all areas of the business
Excited with the opportunity to lead a small team!
A 30-minute phone call with our CTO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shumskassam/)
A project-based assessment where you will work on a few issues on a Github repository - it will be very practical and done using React + Python
A final 30-minute culture fit call with our CEO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaclynling/)
What are the perks and benefits?
We are a flexible, diverse, and remote-friendly team. We prioritize learning and growth opportunities for our developers (not only technically, but also personally) through frequent 1:1 meetings with your managers, valuable quarterly reviews, and external training opportunities. We are an early-stage startup, so joining us early means you will have a significant stake in the company. We also have a very flexible vacation and health benefits plan.
Learn a little more about the founding team:
Hatchways is a Y Combinator-backed startup (S19) and is founded by two-time founders Jaclyn and Shums. Prior to starting Hatchways, Jaclyn and Shums started their first startup (Blynk, your personal stylist in your pocket) which got acquired by Kik (popular messenger app in Waterloo, ON). At Kik, Shums was an engineering manager and Jaclyn led product for the bots team. Together, they launched some of the first chatbots in the market with partners like H&M, Sephora, and Shopify. Shortly thereafter, they wanted to pursue a problem area they were passionate about: improving the education to employment pathways so more people have access to opportunities in tech.
Hatchways is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If there is any part of the interview process that is not accommodating for your situation, we are more than happy to create a more comfortable process for you. Just let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now and work remotely at Hatchways
Full Stack Developer
Design your full-time freelance career as a top freelance developer with Toptal.
Freelance work is defining developer careers in exciting new ways. If you’re passionate about finding rapid career growth potential working with leading Fortune 500 brands and innovative Silicon Valley startups, Toptal could be a great fit for your next career shift.
Toptal is an elite talent network made up of the world’s top 3% of developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with top organizations. Unlike a 9-to-5 job, you’ll choose your own schedule and work from anywhere. Jobs come to you, so you won’t bid for projects against other developers in a race to the bottom. Plus, Toptal takes care of all the overhead, empowering you to focus on successful engagements while getting paid on time, at the rate you decide, every time. Our sophisticated screening process makes sure you are provided with top clients without additional overhead, as well as assistance in maximizing the potential of your full-time freelance career. Joining the Toptal network also gives you access to technical training programs, mentors, and coaching programs, so you can connect with a global community of experts like you to share peer-to-peer knowledge and expand your network globally.
As a freelance developer, you can become a part of an ever-expanding community of experts in over 120 countries, working remotely on projects that meet your career ambitions.
That’s why the world’s top 3% of developers choose Toptal. Developers in our elite network share:
- English language proficiency
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Project management skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Curious to know how much you could make? Check out our React developer rate calculator: https://topt.al/JAcG5J
If you’re interested in pursuing an engaging career working on full-time freelance jobs for exclusive clients, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/decbqx
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal
Jobs farther away
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (React & Node.js)
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (React & Node.js)
Our mission is simple; we partner with the best, design with a purpose, engineer for a sustainable future and always strive for perfection. We have a passion for solving business problems through data-driven design, intelligent engineering, and cutting-edge technologies. With a strong, all-in-house team of skilled and experienced business and technical experts, we bring out the best in every brand that we work with.
Our clientele has ranged from small business to enterprise, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible. Our clients have a common awareness that they need a professional and accessible solution to maximize their business goals, revenue streams, establish communication channels or streamline business operations.
Our specialties include: user experience design, user interface design, custom mobile app development, custom B2B web apps, dashboard development, customer experience, eCommerce, conversion optimization, platform migrations, enterprise integrations.
Codal is searching for a highly capable Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to optimize our web-based application performance. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Must have 3+ years of experience with Node.js and React
- Solid expertise in Full Stack Development.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience managing junior level developers is a plus
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply
Node.js Developer Consultant (Remote, Full Time)
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are not reviewing or accepting any candidates located outside the United States and Canada.
WHO YOU ARE
Node.js Developer Consultant
You're an experienced backend developer with a strong working knowledge of Node.js, and your current work just isn't holding your attention. You'd like to level up your skills working with a wide variety of applications and technologies, and it'd be amazing if you could see your work out there in the real world. You like problem solving and having a team with whom you can brainstorm simple solutions to complex problems. You want the freedom to work where you want, when you want, and with the kinds of projects you enjoy most.
In your career so far, you've built:
- Strong working knowledge of Node.js
- Complex scaling issues and tiered caching strategies
- Modern, microservice-based web applications
- Full stack skills including deployment, database, and front end
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with cloud deployments and management (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Authentication and authorization (sessions, API tokens, JWTs)
- Concurrency and scaling techniques
- Automated testing experience (unit and integration testing, performance testing and benchmarking)
- Experience with Go or other statically-typed, compiled programming languages
If that sounds like you, read on. We've got a place for you at Bitovi.
WHO WE ARE
Bitovi helps companies create better software and applications. We're driven by the desire to provide value - to our clients, to the technology community, and to our incredible team.
Every day, we design and build a wide variety of high-profile applications. We discuss and design architectures, review code, and research new front-end technologies. We talk to our clients directly, guiding them through the process, identifying potential problems and unknowns, and tackling challenges.
We help one another freely. We keep a Slack channel called ask-help and it's used constantly. We develop new skills, build better developer tools, and work on new types of projects regularly - and take the time to present at conferences, give trainings, and run meetups. We're huge devotees of open source, and our community of developers is second to none.
Our fully remote team consists of about 60 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession - we want the right person, not the right collection of tech keywords.
You can learn more about us with this short read: Hello Potential Bitovian.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT BITOVI
Develop. You'll get to work on interesting projects in a culture that values quality over quantity and collaboration over cowboy coding. You'll have time each week for a one-on-one with your team lead, daily standups and weekly scrum-based meetings, and protected time to work on research, presentations, articles, or other passion projects. The bulk of your day will be spent on development, and projects you might work on include:
- Microservices and serverless architectures
- Interface and schema design using OpenAPI, JSON Schema, as well as GraphQL
- A variety of Node.js application frameworks and tools
- Relational, NoSQL, and in-memory data stores
Consult. You'll meet with clients regularly to learn about their needs and update them on the progress of their projects.
Travel. Pre-Covid, our development team traveled to meet with our clients in person, and we'll be doing so again once it's safe to travel. Travel averages 3-5 days every 10-12 weeks, and we'll always be working with your schedule.
Teach. You'll have protected time each week to present at conferences, give trainings, plan and run meetups, create and maintain open source projects, and create various kinds of content in your area of expertise, with Bitovi's full support.
You'll fit in well at Bitovi if you are:
- Interested in development best practices
- Experienced in contributing to or using open source projects
- Flexible enough to work well autonomously or as part of a larger team
- Always developing new skills, trying out new technology, and testing new ideas
- Comfortable working with clients directly
- Equally at ease in a leadership or team role
WHAT WE OFFER
First and foremost: you'll get to be part of a supportive, talented, amazing team who supports and challenges one another to do their most exceptional work. You'll get to contribute to and lead a diverse array of projects, expand your skills and stature in the tech community, and build a portfolio of work you're passionate about and proud of.
You'll also enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- Completely remote work with flexible hours
- 401(k) matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Biannual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island (on hold during Covid, but definitely to return!)
- Mini virtual retreats held quarterly during Covid
HOW TO APPLY
Write a resume and a thoughtful introduction that includes:
- Why you're interested in this role
- Something you recently worked on and are proud of
- A fun fact about yourself
All job offers are contingent on successfully passing a background check.Apply
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms