Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
React Native Developer
About the React Native Developer position
We are looking for an experienced React Native Developer who will be responsible for supporting the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release, and support phases. Your duties will include translating our product manager needs into functioning websites & ensuring great user experience.
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
React Native Developer Responsibilities and Duties are:
Develop fully functional iOS / Android applications writing clean code
Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release, and support phases.
Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
Evaluate and debug mobile applications to optimize their performance.
Work together with the Product Development team to plan new features.
Support legacy applications and suggest ways to improve or replace them.
Oversee the compliance of applications with established quality standards.
Find and suggest new features, applications, and protocols.
Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
React Native Developer Qualifications and Skills are:
2+ years of experience with React Native.
Strong experience in firebase.
An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
Ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken in English.
Experience in working in an agile/scrum environment.
Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant areas.
Familiar with Swift, Objective C, and Java.
Apply now and work remotely at Mozn
Senior Frontend Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
Lead back end developer
Simpleweb has an opportunity for an experienced badass lead back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs – working with businesses that put people before profit.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is confident in communicating with clients in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- Has excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- Has an exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Has a great understanding of databases
- Is exceptional in at least one of the following: PHP, Python or Ruby
- Has a good understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- The desire to learn new languages and skills
- A proven development experience
- Has the ability to demonstrate passion and initiative
Additional experience, areas of expertise or even a keen interest of the following would be massively beneficial to your application.
- ML/Neural nets
- React and React Native
We build and invest in brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose that change peoples lives for the better. For you this will mean working with talented and passionate people; influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our investments and projects on the Simpleweb Portfolio page.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We also love to organise regular hack-nights for the wider dev community and have been known to take our team off on exciting trips (both locally in Bristol and abroad)! COVID has curtailed these activities but we’ll be starting them again once it’s safe to do so.
Don’t take our word for it – last year we were awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and build the future with us.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fair salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Very competitive pension
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month ideally)
Apply now and work remotely at Simpleweb
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms