Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Headquartered in Berlin, mediafellows is helmed by a group of industry veterans who have been at the forefront of the B2B audiovisual worldwide content sales and distribution since 2007. Our team from various regions and nations is based in the vibrant German capital Berlin and serves owners and distributors of audiovisual content from around the world.
This position offered allows you to grow and to learn to use different methods and tools. Therefore, the ideal candidate comes with a healthy dose of curiosity to learn new things, and, at the same time, with enthusiasm to share their knowledge and accomplishments.
You will contribute to developing our sophisticated Media Asset Management SaaS solution “MediaStore”, an online B2B service for marketing and distribution of audiovisual content – covering content and asset management, video screening, contracting, and fulfillment. Some of the largest studios, broadcasters, and distributors from around the world rely on our software.
We look for a new colleague with skill, passion, humor, and a decent sense of responsibility who help us raise our solution to the next level with state-of-the-art web technologies.
- You bring in your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to build with us the most advanced SaaS solution for audiovisual content management
- Together with your teammates you craft robust, highly optimized components for our solution
- You conceptualize, implement and optimize features for our various existing frontend applications but also contribute in building new ones
- You mentor others on areas that you are strong in and be mentored on areas that you are still unfamiliar with
- You love teamwork as much as clean and beautiful UIs
- You have 5+ years of experience in web application development
- You have utilized React/Angular/Vue.js for 2+ years
- You are into pair programming and agile methodologies
- You have a strong sense of responsibility
- You are a true team player and enjoy sharing knowledge proactively
- You are fluent in English
- You are in a time zone +/-2h UTC
- Most importantly: you enjoy what you are doing: profession === passion
Nice to haves
- You have decent knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- You have used TypeScript already and you like it
- You are familiar with the BEM methodology
- You have experience with React Native
- You have a background in distributed systems/REST-based SOA
- You have knowledge of Ruby/Elixir
- You are familiar with Continuous Deployment/Delivery
- You have a passion for movies and/or shows
- Work with fun in an international team of experienced engineers
- Contribute with satisfaction to a state-of-the-art Media Asset Management System
- Pick the working tools and software you like and are most familiar with
- Work fully remotely or utilize our relocation support including an attractive relocation package
- Choose freelance or permanent contract both with competitive payment offers
Apply now and work remotely at mediafellows
React Native Developer
We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application! Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions, and data points.
What You'll Do
Manage a nimble team of developers and designers to accomplish challenging goals
You’ll partner and interact with senior level management/executives and senior technical teams
Lead client and team meetings to complete sprints and milestones. You will truly own the agile flow.
Use your strong interpersonal and relationship development skills to balance product requirements, manage client expectations, and drive your team to effective results.
You’ll listen deeply to client needs and translate them into clear technical requirements
You’ll travel occasionally, but only for things that really matter.
You will review code and continually push standards higher, every day.
You will code yourself to assess and mitigate the most technically challenging parts of the project
You have experience as the lead on projects with budgets ranging from $1M to $3M
You have consulting experiences with the unique nature of listening deeply to client concerns
You are a mix of product leadership, project leadership including agile kanban boards, and technical architecture leadership
Experience leading cross-functional development teams in building and maintaining custom software solutions
Strong understanding of the agile software development process
Available for 6 hours overlap with EST or CET time zone (9-5)
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Are you curious about what it's like to work at Clevertech? Check out our YouTube channel to hear directly from Clevertech developers.
People join Clevertech to make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We've found that innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? Meaningful work. Getting Hired
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Software Engineer 6 month FTC
The short version ⏳
Mission: As part of the Product Team, use your development skills to solve the most important problems for Aula users in a reliable and scalable way.
How: As part of an agile team, work closely with other engineers, product managers, our data lead, and a designer to deliver and maintain lean technical solutions that deliver maximum impact to our users. We use React, Redux, Node, AWS, serverless, MongoDB, and ship to web, iOS, and Android.
## What is Aula? 🐝
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform for Higher Education (product video). Aula makes it easy for educators to create high quality hybrid learning experiences by combining easy-to-use technology with learning design capabilities.
We're a 35-person remote team spread across the globe from Nebraska to Pakistan. Meet our
Read our company handbook here:
## About you 👨🏽🚀🕵🏻♀️👩🏾🏫👨💻
We’re excited to tell you about what we’re working on, but first of all, let us explain who we’re looking for. The most important thing about you is that you are curious and care deeply about building great products that affect people’s lives. You are transparent, reliable, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
You have a real passion for starting small and shipping frequently.
Whether you've previously worked at a startup, you understand the tradeoffs that exist in any software project. You feel comfortable making a recommendation about scope, and you can balance refactoring and new feature work. You don't over optimize code, and solve for the problem at hand — not the problems we wish we had. We design efficiently and don't hesitate to iterate constantly.
## The role: Contract Software Engineer 💻
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our team for the next 6 months. You'll be at the forefront of shaping our users’ experience, building and supporting features across the entire stack (more emphasis on the frontend). Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll be doing:
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.
- Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Building new features from the ground up as well as improving our existing product.
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Ensure consistency, performance, and reliability across distributions of Aula: web, desktop, iOS, Android.
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Work directly with Product Designers to build, maintain and improve design-first UI across devices.
We’d love to hear from you if… 🔍
- 4+ years of demonstrable engineering experience, ideally working on client facing, accessible applications
- Experience creating and iterating on products from end-to-end.
- Worked with RESTful APIs and single page applications
- Experience and understanding of automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Cloud systems / architecture experience
- Worked on a remote team using agile development practices, and know how to break down complex pieces of work into deliverables
- Worked on features in a vertical slice, from back-end to front-end.
- Are mission-driven: you care deeply about building great products that affect people’s lives.
- Are excited about working with a 35-person startup with all the ups, downs and ownership that entails.
- Enjoy working in an agile environment driven by our partners’ needs
- Value good coding practices; your coding style is always high quality, consistent and maintainable.
- Are a team player, someone who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Are transparent, reliable and considerate.
- Have a curious nature; someone who is excited about exploring and learning
- You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate
- Are emotionally intelligent. You can communicate with people from different backgrounds and with varying levels of tech know-how. You don’t shy away from challenging conversations.
- Value being part of a diverse and inclusive team.
Apply now and work remotely at Aula