Front-end Jobs nearSan Francisco, CA
Senior Front End Developer
Cynomi is using novel technology and deep domain expertise to help protect small to medium size businesses from cyber security threats. There’s no SaaS in this market, and we’re building Cynomi in a technology-driven way.
Now is an amazing time to join us - we're still small but have recently raised a significant round of seed funding. Your work will have huge impact through growth phases and help define the company for the future.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a capable/experienced Front End developer to join us in our mission of providing small and medium businesses with world class cyber protection. You will be building, updating and maintaining our flagship product.
Your Impact & Responsibilities:
- Creating great user experiences with our design/UX team, both on UI and on beautiful reports
- Writing tests to ensure our code is fool proof
- Capturing data and insights from customers using in-house tools
- Deploying systems on AWS using automated deployment tools
- Integrating with backend systems to handle complex security workflows
- Growing and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Working with other talented engineers, and customer-focused teams with a diverse range of backgrounds
- The work will be split between backend and frontend with a heavier emphasis on frontend
Your Knowledge & Skills
B.Sc in computer science or equivalent
4+ years of programming experience with jsx, jss and js
4+ years' experience with ReactJS
Experience with REST principles
Server-Side Rendering with react and react-router.
Strong UI/UX understanding and implementation.
Self-learner and independent
The usage of testing tools as Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai
Experience in Typescript
Experience in Node.js
Familiarity with Linux
Experience with cloud technologies – AWS
Portfolio/Github profile that shows off your work and ability to solve problems. We're very happy to look at different backgrounds :)
Our tech stack
Frontend: React, Redux
Backend: NestJS, Node JS, AWS EC2, Mongo, Lambda , Typescript
Tooling: GitHub + GitHub Flow, AWS, Mongo, Linux (development on Macs).
Best practices: Code reviews, Tests, CI, Exception tracking, Templated issue tracking
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Influence in engineering practices and product direction
- Working with a capable and mostly remote team
- Hardware and workspace setup catered for
- Support with your career development
We try to keep things open, direct and transparent. An environment in which you’re encouraged to express your thoughts on any matter relating to the business and look forward to coming to work in the morning.
We are currently fully remote with 2 core teams in Tel Aviv and the UK, with a virtual daily standup kicking off at 9.30am BST. We expect that as we shift back to normal, and we may come into the office to synch periodically and enjoy each other’s company in East London. We don’t expect this to happen soon though.
It’s important to us that every Cynomi employee directly benefits from our success. All employees benefit from our share option scheme.
Apply now and work remotely at Cynomi
Wisepops is looking for a senior developer to join our team as we're building the first platform dedicated to on-site marketing. Check out our team, product and culture at Wisepops.com and Wisp.so
Wisepops’ mission is to help brands connect with their audience better. We’re building tools that serve a more vibrant, engaging and personalized commerce experience for everyone. We have two products: Wisepops and Wisp. Our first product, Wisepops, helps marketers design and publish beautiful and contextual popups and bars.
Wisepops is used by 1,500+ organizations around the world, including Unilever, Greenpeace, Virgin, and Postmates.
Wisp helps brands build relationships with their visitors leveraging the power of on site notifications.
Both tools are part of the same soon to be launched marketing platform. Started in 2020, it already counts 100 ecommerce client companies. The company was founded in 2013 by Ben. We bootstrapped the company from $0 to $1M annual revenue in five years and doubled two years later. No VC involved. We are a team of 15 who joined from Amazon, Shopify, and Revolut and we were fully remote before it was cool.
- Help us develop our new platform and maintain our existing apps
- Challenge technical implementation
- Follow coding best practices
- Manage the technical debt
- Deep knowledge of Laravel or React
- Autonomy, we will not micromanage you
- Responsibilities, you will ship code to production
- Fullstack skills are a plus, you will be able to work on both side
- Fluent in English
- We have been very intentional about creating our own work culture. Having no investors and being funded 100% by our customers help keep our focus on what matters.
- We don’t have a foosball table or free sushi in our office. We don’t even have an office 😅. We don’t think happiness at work is just about fun perks like a teambuilding event in Barcelona (pronounced “Barthelona” to sound cool).
- Many of us came from Big Tech companies and got tired of large structures, top-to-bottom decisions, micromanagers, and BS week-over-week analysis.
- We think happiness at work comes from human relationships, growth opportunities, and mindset.
What does working at Wisepops look like?
Think of it as a team
In a team, there is no manager to tell you what to do. Everyone is bringing some expertise, knowledge, and skills that are unique. Then, it is up to the team to learn how to play and win together. No one has the final word because of their tenure, title, or seniority.
made of super stars
Because we have no managers, we need autonomous people who know what to do or know how to find the answer when they don’t. We expect each team member to be a leader in their field and we trust them.
who work when and where they want
We are grown ups and trust each other. We don’t need someone to tell us when and where to work. Each person at Wisepops is empowered to find their best work-life balance and work environment. Yes, we were fully remote before it was cool.
to build something big
We have gathered truly impressive people to achieve very ambitious goals. We’re not here to build a successful startup. We’re here to build an amazing company. We think the key is to be 100% focused on our customers. We exist because of them.
while enjoying the ride
We’re humans and we want to have fun with the people we work with. Life is too short to get bored or play the political game.
Apply now and work remotely at WisepopsApply
Senior Software Engineer Front End
The big vision ✨
As a society, we spent the last decade solving delivery and bringing the physical grocery store online. What we missed is the simple fact that food was already online in the form of content in food communities, blogs and forums. In fact, food makes up a large portion of the social media content we consume today.
At Jupiter, we are pioneering food media & content shopping in the US, and in doing so we're building the next version of grocery shopping. In this new version, customers will create, share and shop content directly from food communities where they find affinity. They'll be able to easily plan their meals and shop for ingredients in a single click, as well as share cooking tips with others — a 10x better way to shop that can only exist online.
We use data science and machine learning to automate the repetitive nature of grocery shopping and we’ve created a social shopping experience that is unique to the world of food. Join us on our mission to build magical food experiences that are convenient, healthy & fun!
## About your role 💫
As a founding frontend engineer at Jupiter, you'll have the opportunity to make foundational decisions around building the product for scale as we grow to 100k+ users:
- Making foundational decisions around the technical vision and architecture to build a beautiful cart experience that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Working closely with the design and product teams to create product roadmaps for innovative new product flows ranging from ordering, to cooking, to data collection and post order receipts.
- Working closely with the other engineering teams to implement product feature sets related to automation and personalization.
- Working closely with the growth team on communicating value to the new user on sign-up, and helping to make decisions around the staged rollout of features and how the experience should fit to the new user.
- Creating dashboards/reports to track performance of the cart and to log errors as they occur.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your experience and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture as we prepare our stack for scale.
About you 👩🚀
You might be a great fit if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in taking customer-facing products from conception to execution, and are excited about doing so again at Jupiter
- Have at least 3 years of experience with either either React, VueJS or Angular
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with a typed language
- Love crafting beautiful user experiences
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Have a strong systems design foundation, with a proven track record of applying best practices
- Are ready to be an individual contributor, and have a proven track record of taking ownership to design/build sophisticated systems quickly while working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Have experience working with a typed JVM language (bonus points if Kotlin), gRPC/protobuf, Micronaut / Spring, and/or relational databases
- Have experience working with Webflow
- Have a proven track record of remote work
Apply now and work remotely at Jupiter