Front-end Jobs nearSan Jose, CA
Senior Angular Engineer (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Would you like to:
Love what you do and the people you’re doing it with?
Do the best work of your career?
Belong to an amazing and fun group who want to do - and are already doing - big things?
Be part of exciting work with a meaningful mission as we build and grow our products, our team, and ourselves together?
Know that your work is being used by - and benefitting! - literally millions of people?
At LimeSpot, the above is not an aspirational fantasy; it’s our reality! And we’d love you to consider being part of that reality with us.
LimeSpot is currently looking for someone to complement our expanding team of Senior Software Engineers, with a focus on front-end technologies. As 90% of our front-end code is currently in Angular, a solid level of knowledge/expertise in Angular is understandably a requirement for this role.
Becoming an integral contributor to the frontend and user interfaces of all of our products, including some new ones
Being part of - and potentially driving/owning - some exciting big picture/big deal technical directions and organizational initiatives
A good eye for user interfaces and delightful user experiences
Obsessive attention to details (20+ years)
SOLID (get it?) understanding of TypeScript and Reactive programming principles with rxjs (3+ years) and 6+ years of overall experience with web technologies
Experience with ngrx
Experience with Angular Material (2+ years)
Desire for the writing of testable code (we use Cypress)
Enjoyment of the company of other human beings from time to time
Loving Git or other modern source control paradigms (we use Git + GitHub)
Experience working in an Agile environment
Well organized and self-motivated
Some nice to haves (Seriously, they’re "nice to haves", not hard requirements! If you don’t have these, you will definitely have most of them by the time you conclude your run with us):
Knowledge of C# and Microsoft Web API - this is a front-end focused role; however, having the ability to go “full-stack” if needed is definitely a massive bonus
Familiarity with the “branch-per-feature” model of source control organization
Familiarity with microservices architectures and distributed systems
Previous e-commerce domain experience
An engaging smile
Familiarity with cloud-based services
Openness to spontaneous high-fiving (on Zoom!) or fist bumping as appropriate for candidate comfort level
100% remote culture
Fun and friendly startup culture, working with like-minded and talented people who will fast become your friends
The opportunity to be a meaningful contributor to our architecture and technical designs
Flexible Work Hours
Flexible Vacation and Paid Time Off
Extended Medical Insurance (Dental, Vision, etc.)
A very nice Vancouver Gastown transit-accessible office space with fantastic natural lighting
We welcome candidates throughout Canada. The current team is predominantly located on the west coast so while we’re open to candidates in multiple time zones and will honor their working hours, individuals in other time zones will be expected to periodically be available PT hours.
Apply now and work remotely at LimeSpot
Senior Software Engineer
Shorthand is a growing company that provides a digital publishing platform to many of the world's best-known publishers, brands, not-for-profits, and universities. With customers on every continent (except Antarctica!), there's never been a more exciting time to join Shorthand. Our company has a rare distinction in this era of money-burning startups of being comfortably profitable. We're a small team of geeks with art and heart, and a high bar for quality.
To deliver our magic to customers and their audiences, we build software that is scalable, flexible, reliable and as simple as possible but no simpler.
We tend to do things a little differently at Shorthand. For one thing, we're a small, fully remote team distributed around the world. For this role, we'll happily take applications from anywhere in North or South America, but applicants must be fluent in English.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is whip-smart, as demonstrated by career achievements and/or school/university results
- Has great communication skills, particularly with respect to writing and interacting directly with technical and non-technical customers (sometimes across US and European timezones).
- Has good knowledge of cloud-based web architectures, web crawlers, SEO, and frontend web performance optimisation.
- Experienced in system design and system integration.
- Is an expert in using git.
- Has worked with CI/CD processes before (CircleCI/GitHub Actions preferably).
- Is experienced using test automation tools (Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library, Percy preferably).
- Is experienced with Drupal module and WordPress plugins development, especially in integration with third-party APIs.
- Has an extremely high bar for quality.
- Is thorough and detail-oriented.
- Can learn fast.
- Gains deep satisfaction from helping to make products better.
- Has experience of working in a small business or startup environment.
- Preferably has experience collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
- Work directly with customers through the whole lifecycle of delivery.
- Mature Shorthand automated testing capabilities to help improve product quality and team safety.
- Provide high tier support especially for custom systems integrations.
- Learn, evolve and improve an existing application/system architecture.
- Review code from other engineers and provide feedback.
- Help secure the environment.
- Contribute to the technical direction of the Shorthand tool.
- Report bugs.
- Communicate with the customer support team and customers to suggest solutions to issues.
- Assist in the creation of product documentation when required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Engineering roles.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in web application development.
- Thorough knowledge of NodeJS and the web.
- Experience with AWS.
- University qualification in computer science or a closely related field, or equivalent career experience required.
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You are collaborative.
- You find fulfilment in the job itself, and happiness in a job well done.
Apply now and work remotely at Shorthand
Senior Frontend Engineer
Pitch, a company from the makers of Wunderlist, is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team onsite in Berlin or remote. We just launched our web-based, cross-platform presentation tool in October 2020 to widespread acclaim and are looking for a product-oriented Senior Frontend Engineers to continue building and shipping features and functions that delight our users.
Who we're looking for
- You have extensive experience shipping Single Page Applications and bringing delightful user interactions to life.
You have working knowledge of state management libraries, like Redux or Re-frame.
- You are enthusiastic about learning and working with ClojureScript. Prior experience with ClojureScript is a plus, but not required.
- You are comfortable debugging problems anywhere in the stack.
- You are product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don't fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
What you'll do
- You will join a growing team of experienced developers building a cross-platform application, backend services and open platform.
- You will collaborate with your peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- You will work closely with our designers, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to prototype to final implementation.
- You will work on frontend and possibly backend projects to build simple, high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested solutions.
Sound good? Impress us with your most exciting projects you worked on. We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
Apply now and work remotely at Pitch