Front-end Jobs nearSan Jose, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy
Senior Nodejs Developer
You will work in a small team and build API for our dynamic web application using REST. The application will be used for managing dynamic creatives and ads in different service providers (Google, Facebook, other)
Developing fully function REST API
Participate or independently develop microservices
Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
Minimal requirements: good knowledge of
- Nodejs with express framework
- Mongodb, mysql
- Docker, docker-compose
- REST API
- ESlint with airbnb configs
- Understanding microservices architecture
- React.js, redux
- Git, gitlab
Apply now and work remotely at Disxt
Senior Front End Developer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer, focused on web front ends, to lead the development of our product UI/UX.
We are a cyber security company with many projects. Our web application is multi-lingual and has a base set of functionality, but we have an extensive list of features in our goal of a peerless product. Architecting, understanding our extensive backend, and implementing these features would be about 95% of your time. Additionally, our marketing websites are multi-lingual and updated about once per month, so this would be about 5% of your time.
We're developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help.
PolySwarm is a marketplace that produces crowdsourced threat intelligence (malware detection today, more tomorrow).
No one has done this before. We'll get things wrong - that's okay! With your help, we'll get fewer things wrong, identify mistakes earlier, and improve processes to prevent future missteps.
You're in on the ground floor - you'll have a say in what we do and how we do it. By joining PolySwarm, you'll be joining a dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information (computer) security and blockchain - answering questions few have thought to ask.
If You Are:
- familiar with Python or Rust
- experienced at creating clean/efficient UX
- experienced building both the front-end and back-end for a web application
- experienced with payment processing services like Stripe
- experienced at developing/managing a multi-language web application
- proficient in speaking/writing/reading English
… then we are interested in you.
The Ideal Candidate Is
independently motivated & self-directing
introspective: able to identify weak spots / problem areas in our existing processes or code and suggest / implement solutions
interested in creating a top quality user experience for both desktop and mobile users
interested in web application development
has an eye for design
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Paid vacation days
- Flexible work hours - we have core hours on weekdays during US business hours, but outside of scheduled meetings, but if you want to start a little earlier or stay a little later, that's up to you..
- Remote Ok - You can work remotely, or you can work from one of our offices when this Covid-19 stuff ends.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The PolySwarm Team is made up of InfoSec veterans with decades of experience in government and industry. We’re driven to improve the threat intelligence landscape for ourselves, our clients and the industry at large. By providing robust incentives that align participants’ interest with continued innovation, PolySwarm will break the mold of today’s iterative threat intelligence offerings.
All PolySwarm (Co-)Founders are also members of Narf Industries, LLC, a boutique information security firm specializing in tailored solutions for government and large enterprises. Narf operates on the cutting-edge of InfoSec, blockchain and cryptographic research, having recently completed a blockchain-based identity management project for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as well as several cutting-edge partial homomorphic encryption projects on behalf of DARPA.
For more about the team and the team's advisers, head over to: https://polyswarm.io/team
To see our web application, head over to: https://polyswarm.network
What we use:
- React, Redux
- Elastic Search
Apply now and work remotely at PolySwarm
Jobs farther away
Sr Software Engineer - NodeJS
Do you love automation? Would you like to make automation easier for others? Do you have an interest and desire to work with cutting edge technologies?
What we are looking for
Swimlane is looking for a Senior Backend Software Developer to join our growing team and work on our orchestration platform.
You will be a key member of the Dynamic Orchestration development team that helps shape the capabilities of the product, create and define functional specifications, and ensure that the final product is high quality and meets customer needs.
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
You have a working knowledge of NoSQL databases
You have experience defining and implementing Web APIs for internal and external usage
Have a technology-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Good experience with NodeJS (bonus for NestJS)
NPM - building and publishing shared libraries
Microservices and distributed systems
Building Developer Tools and CLIs
RabbitMQ or other messaging tools
Real-time web applications - Web Sockets / Socket.io
Web Proxies - NGINX/HAProxy
Source Control - Github
Unit / Performance / Load Testing
Docker/Docker Compose/Kubernetes experience a plus
Swagger / OpenAPI Initiative
Experience with Continuous Integration - Jenkins/Travis/Circle/etc
Experience working in Agile Environments - JIRA/Slack
A working knowledge of SAAS Architecture and Deployments - AWS/Google Cloud/etc
Please include links to your profiles on any of the following: Github, BitBucket, or Stackoverflow.