Front-end Jobs nearSan Jose, CA
Senior Backend Software Developer
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
- Do you get excited working with talented engineers, leading them to ship product features and enhancements, and helping them thrive in their career?
- Do you define a great day as getting sh*t done and having fun working with your team?
- Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex initiatives into achievable project plans?
- Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer to the Engineering team focused on building Jungle Scout’s enterprise SaaS product.
Where would this person be located? Great question! We’re a remote-first company and hope to hire this Senior Software Engineer Team anywhere between the EST - PST timezone
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing:
Architect and build:
- Highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services
- Large scale distributed systems
- Applications that are a composition of independent services (microservices)
Make recommendations around:
- Technologies to be used for new services and applications
- Improvements on existing services and applications
Scale, maintain and improve:
- Existing codebases and system infrastructures
- Independent services using CI/CD and multiple environments stages (e.g., staging vs. production) to ensure rapid delivery while maintaining high quality and availability
Participate and contribute in:
- Leading the technical architecture and delivery of complex projects, interfacing with product, design, and multiple engineering teams
- Helping product managers with project planning and facilitating the Scrum process
- Ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures
Who you are:
- You’ve done this before.
- Have built enterprise-level services with popular backend frameworks (e.g., Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Spring, Django, Flask, etc)
- You have experience building data-driven systems that have high availability, optimize for performance, and are highly scalable
- You’re experienced with modern SQL and NoSQL databases, know when to use each, and can build performant systems on top of each
- You’re an AWS Cloud Wizard.
- You’re an AWS cloud ninja and you have experience building cloud-native services at scale
- Experience working with core AWS services like EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS.
- You’re a master communicator & passionate mentor.
- Fluent in both written & verbal English to easily chat with our North American teams.
- Able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely on both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Take any chance you can get to share knowledge with your team.
- Contribute to the team’s documentation and mentor teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Do not shy away from taking and giving feedback.
- You’re autonomous.
- Successfully execute large multi-person projects and well-defined initiatives from definition through to the end.
**Working at Jungle Scout
Check us out!
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Retreats.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
**We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.
Apply now and work remotely at Jungle Scout
Cloud Microservice Architecture Engineer
##What we're working on
Enterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally, you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
Your role as a Front-end Developer at Clevertech will actively contribute to creating software solutions that will set industry standards. You will work alongside some of the best in a collaborative environment while focusing on your core skills. Be a master of your craft while being 100% remote and never have to worry about filling in timesheets.
7+ years of professional experience (A technical assessment will be required)
Versatility in Tech Stack will be advantageous
Ability to create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
English fluency, verbal and written
Personality traits: Professional, problem solver, proactive, passionate, team player.
Working at Clevertech
##People do their best work when they’re cared for and in the right environment:
RemoteNative™: Pioneers in the industry, we are committed to remote work.
Flexibility: Wherever you are, and wherever you want to go, we embrace the freedom gained through trust and professionalism.
Team: Be part of an amazing team of senior engineers that you can rely on.
Growth: Become a master in the art of remote work and effective communication.
Compensation: Best in class compensation for remote workers plus the swag you want.
Cutting Edge: Stay sharp in your space, work at the very edge of tech.
Passion: Annual financial allowance for YOUR development and YOUR passions.
Interested in exploring your future in this role and Clevertech? Set yourself up for success and take a look at our Interview Process before getting started!
The best people in tech just happen to be all over the world. Are you one of them? APPLY NOW
At Clevertech, we're committed to learning and growing every day, together. Join our community and subscribe to our newsletter, featuring curated topics picked by Clevertech's best.
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
About Sticker Mule
Sticker Mule is the Internet's most "kick ass" brand. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team who cares deeply about delivering a great customer experience at the highest technical standards. Our software team operates from 17 countries, and we're always looking for more exceptional engineers.
The Software team is responsible for building and maintaining our front-end and back-end services, developing new features and products, and troubleshooting problems.
- Remote work with flexible schedules
- Varied, interesting technical challenges to solve
- A fun "no bullshit" work environment
We like you to know
- Familiarity with Ruby
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Improve and expand our React shared components gallery
- Maintain optimal front-end performance on desktop and mobile
Compensation and benefits
- $10,000 signing bonus
- 4 weeks vacation
Apply now and work remotely at Sticker Mule
Jobs farther away
Front End Software Engineer
ErisX is merging the innovation of cryptocurrencies with the wisdom and best practices of established capital markets. It is with this entrepreneurial mindset combined with the input of the most successful and forward-thinking investors, and clients, that ErisX is propelling the evolution of both financial and crypto markets with unparalleled technology and market leading operational capabilities.
Backed by premier exchanges, trading firms, brokers and private equity firms, our team is made up of financial services executives, technologists and market experts. We thrive on knowledge, execution and collaboration. This is reflected in our core values which include; growing the knowledge through coaching, curiosity, constant learning and teaching. Never sacrificing security, transparency or accountability, we further our mission with purpose through nimble, thoughtful, team-driven, customer-focused actions.
As a front end software engineer you will be working on creating the most cutting edge, institutional grade trading and clearing system to power the next generation digital asset exchange. In this role you will work closely with other technologists and trading experts to design, develop, and improve on our critical trading and clearing systems.
The systems you will work on will facilitate operations groups that support trading and price discovery by enabling sophisticated market participants to connect, submit orders, and process market data to make trading decisions. Given the critical nature of these systems, they must be designed with high availability and high performance as a key requirement.Apply