Front-end Jobs nearSan Jose, CA
Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to building our core product and help with ongoing maintenance.
* Ruby & Rails: Extremely knowledgeable and proficient in both Ruby and Ruby on Rails. Our main application is a large and complex Ruby on Rails app and requires some deep knowledge to navigate efficiently. Given our small team size, we work with a monolithic application and only break off services when absolutely necessary to keep overhead low. We utilize rails views (ERB) when we can and use React when the UI calls for it. Note that we have a mini ruby project that we’d like to use to help in evaluating skill level.
* Postgres & ActiveRecord: History of working with Postgres and interfacing with Postgres through ActiveRecord. Being able to think about potential performance implications while working through projects is very helpful.
* Full Stack Focused: We are a small team and our projects therefore involve working on both the frontend and backend feature set in parallel to complete projects. Having a generalist mentality is very helpful here.
* Testing: Experience writing rspec tests as well as proven ability to be able to reason through what and when to test.
* Navigating & Internalizing Existing Codebases: Proven history of jumping into existing, complex codebases and becoming productive. Independence and mindset is a key attribute here. While we anticipate there being a learning curve and assisting in that learning, the ability to just dive in and be able to figure things out independently is a huge help during the learning process.
* Debugging, Diagnosing & Investigating Issues: A large part of the job includes investigating and diagnosing application bugs or customer issues. Proven ability to reason through these issues to diagnose problems, present some potential solutions, and convey these issues and solutions in a clear manner to our support team is important.
* Writing & Communication: History of very explicit, clear, and detailed communication including pull requests, git commits, documentation, and general team interactions.
* GitHub: Proficiency with Git, comfortable using GitHub as primary code and project management platform.
* Working Remotely: Proficiency and experience with working remotely.
* English Proficiency: Comfortable clearly and accurately presenting ideas and documenting work in writing (90% of work at Loomly happens asynchronously).
Apply now and work remotely at Loomly
Full Stack Software Engineer
Quantic School of Business and Technology is an accredited international university with students and alumni from 50 states and over 100 countries. We're on a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Quantic offers MBA and Executive MBA degrees and combines the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning. Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Quantic is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth.
Quantic is hiring a Full-Stack Software Engineer, based remotely in the United States, to help us grow and enhance our interactive learning platform, content authoring tools, and alumni network. In this role, you'll work with our engineering team as we scale our flagship platform to learners around the world.
As part of a growing startup, you'll have the opportunity to move between a variety of important projects throughout the platform. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic about learning to tackle new problems every day, often working directly with stakeholders across the organization.
An aside: while this job description lists a number of specific skills, the role will be tailored to the unique attributes of the individual that eventually joins. We encourage you to apply if you love collaborating in a positive environment with other engineers in support of a growing userbase.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails in a production environment
- Experience designing and evolving relational database schemas
- Experience building responsive single-page web applications
- Experience writing, profiling, and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience designing and integrating REST, JSON-API, and/or GraphQL
- Authorization to work in the US
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study
- Experience with PostgreSQL in a production environment
- Experience building hybrid mobile applications
- Experience automating build and deployment processes
- DevOps experience, particularly Kubernetes, Helm, and related technologies
- Experience at an agile start-up
- A passion for education and lifelong learning
- Competitive salary + options
- Generous paid time off
- Student loan assistance
- Remote-first culture; distributed team
Apply now and work remotely at Quantic School of Business and Technology
Jobs farther away
Software Engineer - Node.js & AWS
AIM Consulting is looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in Node.js and AWS.
Our team is designing, architecting and developing a responsive web portal. AIM will be using a 2-week sprint scrum process and using ATDD (Acceptance-Test Driven Development) methodology for this project. AIM is building this platform and services using NodeJS, AWS Lambdas, PostgreSQL, Aurora and Angular. We’re seeking an engineer that has architecture, leadership and sound coding principals. Consultants that join this team must work well in a highly collaborative environment, be comfortable working with ambiguity, focus on code quality, process improvement and have the ability to adapt and pivot quickly.
5+ years of professional enterprise experience
AWS API Gateway
Nice to haves:
Experience building full-stack web applications from scratch
Experience building software with privacy and compliance considerations
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for developers who enjoy working on multiple parts of the stack. While you might not be an expert in every area, you are passionate about learning new technologies and are not afraid to take on new tasks and become the expert in that area. You feel comfortable contributing to anything like infrastructure code to frontend code.
Traits You Must Have
3+ years of experience in software development
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work in a team
Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
US Citizenship required
Python web backend
Infrastructure Multi-Cloud: AWS Gov Cloud, Digital Ocean, and potentially more
Full Stack Web Developer
Good Goods is an end-to-end solution for the circular economy that helps consumers and brands work together to reuse packaging in everyday commerce. We recently raised our seed round and excited to build a cleaner future.
Good Goods is looking to hire a developer excited to shape and build early stage products. Since the playbook for reuse hasn't been written, our team prides itself for having a culture of iteratively releasing live tests to collect user feedback. As a founding member of our engineering team, you'll see the impacts of your work on our company.
Our stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, React, PostgreSQL
What we need…
- Fluency building user interfaces with React
- Experience integrating 3rd party services into the backend
- Ability to design, document, and test additions to our API
- Familiarity writing basic SQL queries
It'd be cool…
- Passionate about Sustainability
- Excited to work in Typescript, maybe even show us a few tricks
- Experience building product in a funded startup
Good Goods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.Apply