Front-end Jobs nearSan Jose, CA
Staff Fullstack Software Engineer
6+ years experience building web applications
Experience working with both client-side and server-side technologies
Experience leading complex technical projects
Proficiency with server API design and data modeling
Polyglot developer (e.g. Java, NodeJS, Python)
Proficiency with service architecture
Proficiency with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
Proficiency with React and browser technologies
Proficiency with distributed service architecture
Quizlet Engineering consists of Pods, here’s a preview…
The Growth pod’s goal is to expand Quizlet from a US-focused company with 50M active users to a global education platform serving the world's 1.4B student population. Working closely with marketing and data science stakeholders, the Growth pod is focused on establishing Quizlet as the leading destination for online learning tools and innovating ways for learners worldwide to better find the study material within Quizlet that will unlock their success.
The mission on the Activation team is to "Make the first experiences people have with Quizlet Magical -- with the right content, tools, and knowledge right away". They are currently trying to accomplish that mission by connecting new learners with content and encouraging them to sign up so we can provide personalization and better studying experiences when they come back.
The team's goal is to re-engage Quizlet users with compelling reasons to return and continue their learning journey. And the team wants to personalize the learning journey for every Quizlet learner and to make learning more fun. Engineers in this team would also like to harness the power of the community to make studying better.
Ads and Partners SF
The Ads and Partners team has two objectives. The Ads objective is to achieve the highest ads revenue while maintaining or enhancing user experience. This is achieved by moving towards higher-value quality ads product, launching innovative offerings of Ad products in EdTech, and creating a unique inventory for Quizlet. The Partners' objective is to help top tier educational publishers provide their students with integrated digital study tools so we can engineer a holistic experience for the learners.
Team Agora builds the Premium marketplace which helps people that are studying for high stakes exams. Imagine you're taking the Bar Exam, studying to get your CPA or the Series 7 in finance. If you get it right, it's career-altering. The team brings content from trusted vendors like Kaplan, Pearson and Elsevier to help studiers. The effort just got going, and it's a bit like a startup within a startup.
Pod Infrastructure SF
The mission of the Pod Infrastructure team (also known as team Octo) is to power larger, user-facing functionality that helps scale the company. This means cleaning up old code, migrating to new APIs, and fixing underlying issues that empower the Pods to build features more easily and at scale. When possible, team Octo will pull functionality out of Quizlet and into new services. They help all parts of the organization including Pods, People Ops, Marketing, User Ops, and Engineering.
Subscriptions- Innovation SF
The team's mission is to deliver excellence to our subscribers through premium features that target their needs to succeed. Some of the features we’ve built are: OCR to efficiently create content from a picture of printed materials, offline access, rich text to make key points more memorable, and customized Quizlet Live for our teachers.
Subscriptions - Growth SF
The team takes pride in keeping Quizlet free for anyone to use. Free access is made possible by our growing base of power users (both students and teachers) who pay to subscribe to our premium features. Our focus is to improve our renewals, creating compelling upsell experiences, explore new payment options, offer different plans that meet users’ need as Quizlet grow internationally.
The Study team strives to help learners meet their study goals across all of our supported platforms. This includes improving upon core product features, researching better ways to study and master the content in Quizlet and looking for ways to improve our study modes like ML adaptive Learn mode. One of the current projects is modernizing the Study modes to a shared core logic in Kotlin, expanding the data model to support new user experiences, and rearchitecting the way we store our user-generated data to support massive scalability.
Team Discover is one of Quizlet’s product engineering teams focused on user engagement and improving core product features. This includes researching better ways to create, find, and organize content. One of the team’s current projects is providing behavioral-based recommendations to users that help them discover new study content that they’ll be interested in.
Web Infrastructure SF
The Web Infrastructure team is focused on app performance and developer productivity. A key initiative is wiring GraphQL into our APIs and through our React + Redux client. They enable safe deploys with strong type checking (Flow + TypeScript), comprehensive test coverage (Jest) and full integration testing (Cypress).
Content Services SF
Quizlet manages many kinds of content, and more of it every moment, to fulfill our mission of helping people around the world learn. The Content Services team identifies the parts of our system that are bumping up against the most intransigent data-scalability challenges and builds solutions that give us the breathing room to continue scaling those areas by at least tenfold. This typically involves migrating data from MySQL to other database systems, such as Google Cloud Spanner. It also involves innovating in the way we structure our applications: moving toward a service-oriented architecture that allows us to choose the right tools for each job, manage and scale services independently, and make our system more resilient. Nowadays this work features Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform, and it requires keeping up to date on the technology landscape for global-scale persistent data stores.Apply
At Powerpal we’re building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform. Our customers love us – they’re saving money on their bills and helping out with the climate crisis at the same time!
We’re full-stack from the batteries up. We design and manufacture our own IoT hardware which connects through our cross-platform mobile apps to a cutting edge cloud platform allowing us to build amazing customer experiences on top of huge volumes of data.
We build and maintain a React Native iOS/Android mobile app, a range of Go and Ruby microservice APIs running on Kubernetes, and a Bigtable/Bigquery/Dataflow big data platform – all hosted on on Google Cloud Platform.
We love clean code, automated testing, CI/CD and believe in a true devops workflow where the same team designs, builds, tests, deploys and monitors end-to-end products.
We’re a fully remote team with huge amounts of flexibility and autonomy to set your own schedule and drive your own projects. Ideally you’ll be based close to Sydney, Melbourne or Wollongong so that we can get the team together for a couple of days per month to socialise and share ideas.
A Typical Day
There are so many exciting projects to work on as the company accelerates that no two days are the same, but recently we have been mostly:
- Planning new features for customers with rooftop solar across the Powerpal hardware, mobile app and data platform.
- Building tools to support the rollout of tens of thousands of free Powerpals in Victoria with an amazing customer booking experience and geospatial logistics for our team of installers.
- Moving our terabyte scale time-series database from Postgres to Bigtable with zero downtime.
- Keeping in touch with the team over Slack and Friday afternoon Zoom beers.
- Optimising our cross-platform app to provide the best possible Bluetooth connectivity and background power management across a variety of mobile hardware.
- Ensuring that our cloud infrastructure autoscales and self-heals so that we can ignore it entirely when we’re on holiday.
- Working with our energy industry partners to launch load shifting and demand response experiences to reward customers for balancing their power usage throughout the day.
- Going to the beach on a sunny Wednesday without meetings and getting some quiet coding done on a rainy Sunday afternoon instead.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years development experience across a range of projects, technologies and organisations across both iOS and Android.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using our core stack (Go, Ruby, JS, Kubernetes).
- A previous lead role on a major end-to-end product delivering mobile, web and backend components.
- Significant experience building web-based APIs and their associated data stores (both SQL and NOSQL).
- At least one major project involving big data storage and asynchronous data processing.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and take ownership of teams delivering end-to-end products.
- A background in deploying and owning cloud services (we use Google Cloud, but AWS or Azure will transfer perfectly).
What You’ll Get To Do
- Lead teams delivering user-facing projects with end-to-end features that touch the React Native mobile app, our backend APIs and our big data platform.
- Build a beautiful mobile user experience to help our customers see their power and use it improve their lifestyle.
- Build new tools to support manufacturing, rollout logistics and fleet management of tens of thousands of IoT devices.
- Take a leading role in driving our future mobile direction. Should we be considering dedicated native apps? Should we be using Typescript? How can we make our user experience even better?
- Integrate with our existing backend APIs and get involved in the design and development of new APIs to support the mobile app’s needs.
- Work on hard problems around scaling real-time data feeds with gigabytes of time-series data arriving every day.
- Share ownership of the whole Powerpal system and take responsibility for ensuring that the projects you work on can be deployed, monitored, and maintained without friction.
- Improve the quality of our existing codebases and expand our automated unit testing to include higher level end-to-end testing in multiple environments.
- Help to set the direction for a great developer experience from the laptop to the cloud as we scale our build, test and deployment processes to support a larger team.
- Up to $180k plus super (depending on your specific experience).
- Negotiable equity (options) in a profitable and rapidly growing startup.
- A new Macbook Pro or equivalent value in mobile devices and home office upgrades as necessary.
- A free Powerpal for your home
It doesn’t get better than this! Work at the cutting edge of development as part of this hands-on role whilst helping to drive the development strategy roadmap for an ambitious, growth phase tech start up. An industry leading salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate. Apply now
Apply now and work remotely at Powerpal
Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Senior Software Engineer!
Where We Are
Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut and in Montana. You'll work remotely from a location in the UK/EU alongside our Edinburgh-based teams.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll lead a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for our customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development of your people. One of our company values is Always Improving and we believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
Even as a team lead, you'll still take ownership of writing your own code and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. We're all about collaboration so our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn
Apply now and work remotely at Administrate
We are driven by a simple purpose: To create a better way to live. We do that through our mission to build and manage quality apartments. We want to be best in the world at what we do.
In that quest we realized we needed to develop our own technology to push the industry forward. Early on, technology became one of our 6 key business strategies. We have already seen great success and have been recognized as having some of the most technologically advanced apartments in our region. But we want to do so much more. That is why we need your help!
This role will work on both front end and back end development with an emphasis on front end. We are looking for someone to mature our front-end presentation with great design and development practices, in both web and mobile.
Sample of Current Projects
- Smart Home App
- Property Management
- Revenue Management
- Online Applications and Lease Signing
- Programmatic Marketing
- Apartment Door Lock
- Resident App
- Resident Internet
To be successful, you should have both strong technical skills and be strongly aligned to our purpose and values.
Creating a better way to live
Building and leasing quality apartments
A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day.
- Tireless Pursuit of Results - Tireless pursuit of results means that you have an internal drive to continue to push forward no matter the obstacles. It means sometimes staying late to ensure a job gets done. It means pushing a little harder to ensure quality standards are met. It means pouring your heart into ensuring something gets done.
- Respectful - Being respectful means that customers and employees work well with you even in difficult situations. It's about being a good team player. It includes being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a consistent way. It's recognizing that you are part of a team and sometimes you will win your point and sometimes you won't. It's about building a professional friendship.
- Can-do Attitude - Can do attitude is about believing in yourself and your team to get the job done. There is a delicate balance between having optimism for the future and being realistic about your goals. A person with a can-do attitude is realistically optimistic and positive about what can and will be done.
- Grow or Die - Grow or Die means to have a spirit dedicated to consistently getting better at your job. Finding ways, even small ways, of producing a higher quality or efficiency. Having a drive to learn more about your field from a variety of resources. Exhibiting the will to never give up on improving yourself.
- Reliable - The heart of reliability means to deliver on your promises. These promises include being on time every day. It means consistently delivering on the goals and milestones set for you. It means having a system to not forget any, even small, aspects of your job.
- UI Design
- React (Website)
- Swift (iOS)
- Kotlin (Android)
- You must be located in a North or South America timezone.
- Health Care Plan (ICHRA)
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Short Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at Norhart
Jobs farther away
Java full stack Software Engineer
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Prior experience with financial systems dealing with high volume trading applications.
* Experience with languages like Java,Spring,ReactJS,Store Procedures and Database SQL
* Experience with multi-threaded applications
* Experience with build and deployment of applications using Continuous integration and Continuous deployment tools
* Experience handling ambiguity with requirements and ability to deliver software in timely manner
* Open to learn new technology as group is moving toward serverless/cloud adoption
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransApply