Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
Blue Sky eLearn is hiring a fully remote Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer for our Path LMS team to help build and scale our Learning Management System. You’ll be joining the team as a talented Ruby/Rails developer who has experience with all layers of the dev stack. You have mastered all aspects, from front-end user interactions through to back-end server data management. You’re comfortable with Agile and Lean Methodologies, continuous delivery, code reviews, TDD/BDD, and pair programming.
You’ll be part of a talented core team of developers to deploy and scale the latest technologies and services on our state-of-the-art platform. You will join a highly motivated team working on building the world’s best learning platform in a hot industry. Your focus on the team will be working directly with the product manager, stakeholders, and other team members to design, implement and test new features and UX improvements on a regular basis.
This is a 100% remote, full-time salaried position averaging 40 hours per week. Candidates must be located in the United States.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to participating in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated rspec testing
- Follow best practices including but not limited to test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of the team by educating and mentoring other engineers.
- Time management and problem-solving skills. Collaborate effectively with software engineers, project managers, designers and external teams in an agile environment.
- Participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project tasks.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- Knowledge of software best practices, including continuous integration and TDD / BDD using Rspec/Capybara (or similar)
- Experience with Git and a branch/pull-request flow. Familiarity with deployments on Heroku/Amazon Web Services (or similar)
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies and Scrum
- Experience working with Sidekiq
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
##Our Product Team's Values
- We communicate frequently and effectively
- We are levelheaded and compassionate
- We value diversity
- We are passionate about our work
- We maintain a healthy balance between work and life
##About Our Product
Path LMS is an award-winning and powerful learning management platform that helps associations, corporations, and agencies provide high quality online education to their members. Millions of professionals, including school administrators, lawyers, physicians, and construction contractors, have been educated through courses powered by Path LMS.
As more and more organizations have needed to utilize online education in response to the current global pandemic, the use of our online learning management system has increased dramatically. So, too, have the demands on our app’s scalability, functionality, and usability.
##About Our Hiring Process
After reviewing resumes and having a brief screening call, chosen applicants will be asked to complete a small code challenge and schedule an interview with a member of our engineering team. During the interview, we ask that you walk us through your solution to the code challenge. This is an opportunity to share with us your thought process and how you developed your solution. One-two additional interviews will be scheduled so you can meet our additional members of the team including our Product Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
Interviews are designed so we can get to know you, understand your background and experience, and answer any questions you may have. There will be no gotchas, whiteboard sessions, logic problems, trick questions, or on-the-spot technical challenges. Interviews are conducted via Zoom and we kindly ask for your permission to record them so our entire team has an opportunity to get to know you.
##Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid long term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, bereavement, volunteer and family leave
- Paid company holidays
- 401(k) program
- Remote work
- Annual professional development reimbursement
Apply now and work remotely at Blue Sky eLearn
Jobs farther away
Full Stack Developer
Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we’re looking for
A dedicated developer who proactively learns new technologies and succeeds on your own. You’re able to thrive in fast-paced high performing environments and enjoy this challenge. You value flexibility in order to prioritize your personal life without giving up on the technical challenge that drives you to love your career. You’re self-disciplined enough to work remotely and deliver results on time. You strive for perfection and want to improve bad code when you see it. You’re passionate about ensuring best practices are met, while not compromising on creating beautiful, clean code. Working with the most up to date software tools, frameworks and libraries are your bread and butter. You are comfortable working with business/operations/compliance/credit officers in a banking environment.
The Software Developers responsible for creating API driven cutting-edge solutions that are disrupting the way Fintech is done. Built by developers for developers, our Banking as a Service technology is enabling our partners and clients to deliver flexible financial solutions that empower consumers anytime, anywhere. Our microservice-based architecture provides a complex asynchronous distributed system needed for time critical payment processing and other services, with thousands of transactions per day.
Our team is fully autonomous and have complete responsibility for the product pipeline, employing Agile methodology alongside state-of-the-art CI/CD principles. We’re constantly improving and growing our technical skills to be competitive, and fully encouraged to try out and use new and different technologies.
Develop end-to-end robust Enterprise Systems for the FinTech sector using leading frameworks and technologies
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our systems and services on a scrum team of 3-5 people
Create microservice architecture and multithreaded processes
Work closely with a team of other developers to create the tools that will help our partner’s clients grow their businesses
Good experience with microservices architecture
Experience in Agile/Scrum environment
Experience with an ORM such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
Experience with Source Control such as Git or TFS
Bonus points if you have Elasticsearch, Unit Testing and NServiceBus
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply