Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
The Tidepool Platform is the foundation of everything we do. As Backend Engineer, you will have a hand in maintaining our platform which is used by both our homegrown applications and an ecosystem of third-party applications.
In addition to your responsibilities as a Backend engineer (which you will share with the Ops team), you will be a full member of the DevOps team, where you will participate in the on-call rotation for all backend services.
- Helping deploy and maintain a secure, robust, scalable platform and infrastructure that enables Tidepool, third-party software developers, researchers, and others to bring their visions for diabetes data to life.
- Scaling our existing backend services and databases to handle rapidly increasing volume of time-series data from diabetes devices.
- Building new (Golang) backend services and maintaining existing (NodeJS and Golang) backend services.
- Being a part of our on-call rotation for operational alerts.
The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for delivering great solutions that leverage modern technology stacks and tools, as well as current best practices for performance and security.
- Direct, hands-on experience in developing and scaling large production databases using MongoDB.
- Direct, hands-on experience in developing production services in Golang.
- Direct, hands-on experience in deploying services to Kubernetes.
- Direct, hands-on experience in scaling systems over time to meet increasing demand.
- An eye for detail and a willingness to take extra care in crafting precise operations documentation and alert systems.
Experience with one or more tools in each category:
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Time Series Database
- Languages: Go, NodeJS, Python
- IaaS Platforms: AWS, OpenStack, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in the Kubernetes landscape, and can discern which technologies are good to adopt, and which are still too bleeding edge (but which we should keep an eye on)
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for the position is $134,000-$155,000.
Benefits include: - Unlimited PTO - Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage - Flexible work schedule - Wellness and Productivity stipend - Continuing Education Reimbursement - Other benefits
Note - Tidepool does not offer U.S. work visa sponsorships.
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We do ask that you have empathy for chronic conditions and you are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position – you’ll be working from home and interacting with a team that works around the world, currently in 13 states and 5 countries. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity at Tidepool.org.
Apply now and work remotely at Tidepool
Senior Backend Engineer
About You and the Role:
You are an experienced backend engineer with years of experience working with AWS and large amounts of data to support web/native apps and data analytics. You'll be joining a small team of skilled engineers all reporting directly to our CTO.
Together you and the team will plan and execute our techincal/product roadmap. You will architect and build backend features, review code, write tests, maintain infrastructure, and help define best practices. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet. You’re independent, you lead by example, and you’re obsessed with building great products.
This is primarily a backend role, although there will be opportunnities for full stack work if you are interested.
- 5+ years backend software engineering working on production applications
- AWS (Elastic Search, S3, CDK, Dynamo, lambda, etc.)
- RDBMS (Postgres, RDS, etc)
- Database optimization SQL/no-SQL
- Data Modeling
Nice if you have some of these skills:
- CI/CD workflows
- Real Estate Experience
- Machine Learning
- Image Recognition
- React Native
- fully remote
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance 100% company paid for employee, 50% dep
- 401k with company match
- generous equity
- competitve salary
Trusty is a San Francisco based startup who is backed by amazing investors and advisors. We are bringing social to real estate and taking a new approach to how you find and sell your home. We feel that traditional real estate does not put the consumer first and thrives off of opaqness and complexity. We want to change that and bring more transparency, less complexity and more choice to buyers and sellers.
We are a fully distrubuted engineering team. Our agile team meets daily at 9am PST for standup/planning/retro. In addtion, once a week at 10am PST we review product company wide.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be a combination of salary and equity depending on experience.
Apply now and work remotely at Trusty
Full Stack React Developer
We’re looking for an engineer to work alongside our CTO as we build our SaaS product. We’re an early stage company, so we’d like to start with a 1 month contract. As the company grows and we raise more money / generate revenue, there will be an opportunity to join the team full-time.
Typescript / React
What we’re building
We’re helping sales and customer success teams create shared spaces with their customers (think of a private personalized microsite for each of your customers).These spaces host all of the assets in the relationship from pitch decks to project timelines. Learn more on our website and in our announcement blog post.
3+ years of experience developing React and Node.js applications
A good sense of UX patterns
Experience building and shipping production ready code
$70,000 - $100,000 per year
(paid hourly at $40 - $55)
How we work
We’re an asynchronous and global team. We meet weekly to check-in, but mainly work independently throughout the week. Each team member is responsible for getting feedback on their projects from the broader group. We work through Zoom, Slack, and Github.
30min call with CTO
2 hour paired programming session with CTO
30min call with CEO
Apply now and work remotely at DockApply
Jobs farther away
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (React & Node.js)
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (React & Node.js)
Our mission is simple; we partner with the best, design with a purpose, engineer for a sustainable future and always strive for perfection. We have a passion for solving business problems through data-driven design, intelligent engineering, and cutting-edge technologies. With a strong, all-in-house team of skilled and experienced business and technical experts, we bring out the best in every brand that we work with.
Our clientele has ranged from small business to enterprise, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible. Our clients have a common awareness that they need a professional and accessible solution to maximize their business goals, revenue streams, establish communication channels or streamline business operations.
Our specialties include: user experience design, user interface design, custom mobile app development, custom B2B web apps, dashboard development, customer experience, eCommerce, conversion optimization, platform migrations, enterprise integrations.
Codal is searching for a highly capable Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to optimize our web-based application performance. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Must have 3+ years of experience with Node.js and React
- Solid expertise in Full Stack Development.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience managing junior level developers is a plus
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply