Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
Jobs farther away
Full Stack Developer, X1 Applications
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
As aFull Stack Developeron the applications team, you will be building applications for the X1 platform. The successful candidate wil be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing new features for an application or an application framework. This position will involve working closely with multiple teams of software professionals in an Agile development environment. More broadly, an applicant should be comfortable in an adaptive work environment which requires flexibility to changing priorities.
The X1 applications team is building new user experiences to enrich the already large number of applications available to X1 customers. We are a small group of highly motivated individuals that are developing small to medium sized applications. We use open communication to facilitate our feedback and development process.
- Write and Maintain new application code (frontend and backend)
- Write and Maintain Unit Tests (frontend and backend)
- Write and Maintain Automated Integration Tests and End to End tests
- Automate new build processes
- Participate in defining team best practices and flows
- Participate in design reviews
- Participate in code peer review
Skills & Requirements
- 3-6 years programming experience
- Experience writing high availability code in Java
- Experience working in a Maven environment
- Experience with writing High Availability Applications
- Experience with web application development including dynamic HTML, CSS, and JS integration
- Ability to develop software on Unix or OSX operating system
- Good communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Experience in Typescript (not required)
- Experience working with AWS (not required)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerApply