Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
Jobs farther away
Full Stack Engineer - (Ruby on Rails / JVM ) - Asset Management
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are a team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the financial services industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to plan for better financial outcomes.
Were growing at a rapid rate and looking for software engineers who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
The Asset Management Engineering team is responsible for building the FutureAdvisor core investment management platform APIs and tooling. This includes design, build and testing of new applications supporting portfolio operations, implementing new features for traders, and elimination of technical-debt on our platform. Our engineers work closely with other engineering teams across financial modelling, investment trading, data operations and product to identify and implement innovative solutions for our partners and their users.
* Participate in the full software development life-cycle
* Collaborate iteratively with financial subject matter experts to define requirements
* Architect and build web applications that are highly scalable and secure
* Focus on unit and automated testing, so teams can iterate quickly while maintaining a high quality bar
* Help establish engineering best practices and guidelines
* Become a trusted provider of subject matter expertise on our core products
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
* At least 5+ years of full-stack web application engineering experience
* At least 5+ years demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails delivery
* Demonstrated familiarity with high quality engineering and delivery practices
* Prior experience working in financial services/fintech
* Experience with Cloud-Based application engineering and delivery
* Experience with trading or high-throughput transaction processing systems
* Experience working with MySQL
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.Apply