Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
Jobs farther away
CCB Corporate Development M&A, Private Equity & VC Deal Lead - Executive Director
The Corporate Development team is working to chart a new partnership path for Chase, bringing together the assets of the firm to create "OneChase" opportunities to delight our customers. In addition to managing major co-brand and payment partnerships, the team is responsible for evaluating the way that we deploy our assets with third parties throughout payments and banking to broaden our reach to existing and new customer segments through new and existing partners. Establishing these businesses and partnerships requires careful strategic consideration and we are looking for a team of smart and practical leaders to shape the organization. This organization will be evaluated on its ability to efficiently and effectively evaluate, negotiate and launch new partnerships to drive business results. We are looking for smart, dynamic people who can deliver at Chase.
Partnering with companies that allow Chase to better serve our customers is part of Chase's ongoing business strategy. Potential partnerships underscore the firm's commitment to providing a full suite of capabilities to our customers and clients.
A dedicated CCB Partner within our M&A organization is able to establish, integrate and acquired companies into JPMorgan Chase and realize business values through product, client, technology, operations, and controls integration. Chase Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) line of business is one of the world's largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of retail banking solutions. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 63 million U.S. households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing.
We are seeking a strong, execution-focused Executive Director within our Investments and M&A environment that will report to the Head of Investments and M&A in the Chase Corporate Development group. This candidate is an integral member of this Corporate Development team, which drives all phases sourcing, executing and overseeing strategic acquisitions and investments at Chase.
The qualified candidate will be a member of a high-impact team responsible for accelerating and transforming Chase's business. This is a highly-visible position and will be responsible for supporting individuals responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing new transactions. The role requires working closely with our cross-functional partners in Business Development, Relationship Management, Product, Operations, and IT. This role will also require interaction with various Legal, Risk, Control and Compliance teams to ensure the control agenda is managed effectively.
The role will be primarily based in either New York City or Wilmington. Other locations may be considered for the qualified candidate
Key Responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of emerging external technologies and trends, including potential targets, serving as an advisor to stakeholders throughout the company on the best market intelligence
* Build deep networks and strong relationships both internally with leaders and advisors, as well as externally with founders, investors and influencers
* Build and lead cross-functional deal teams, working closely with Finance on deal structuring, negotiation, due diligence, and integration efforts for acquisitions
* Negotiate and structure complex partnerships that provide the opportunity for strategic investment or eventual acquisition
* Build scalable processes and best practices for our Corporate Development function
* Source M&A deal flow and generate new leads based upon corporate strategy or identified new markets
* Develop and manage relationships with outside parties (investment banks, industry consultants, potential counter parties, etc.)
* Evaluate strategic opportunities and make recommendations to senior management concerning tactical plans/strategies (including risks) to implement new business growth activities
* Create and deliver communications and status reporting
Educational/Work Experience Qualifications:
We are looking for an individual with strong business acumen, willing to be hands-on, and has practical experience in working on complex initiatives. He or she must have the following:
* Previous experiencing leading M&A transactions at any point in the deal lifecycle and support growth through M&A, joint ventures strategic partnerships and investments
* Deep and growing professional network of business relationships to support deal sourcing
* Previous experience in private equity, or venture capital is requires
* 10+ years in relevant business role, management consulting, project/program management, or other financial/analytic roles
* Strong written & verbal communication skills; Be highly adept in Powerpoint / Excel skills and prior experience in developing board-level materials desired
* Possess strong project management skills
* Knowledge of M&A related tools / databases (e.g., Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CapIQ, etc.) preferred
* Highly motivated / strong work ethic; have a proven commitment to respond to and drive time sensitive / mission critical processes operating in a global and matrix-type organization
* Sound judgment to act autonomously and identify emerging issues and escalate them as required
* Effective presentation abilities; strong analytical and evaluation skillset; ability to process differing ambiguous data and synthesize value metrics; comfort with uncertainty
* Strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling and innovative problem-solving mentality
* Good knowledge of business contracts and experience working with legal and finance professionals
* Commitment to team-based environment and capable of working within cross-functional/multi-functional matrix organization; Ability to mentor, lead and manage diverse cross-functional teams
* Proven ability to manage priorities and maintain integrity in fast-paced challenging environment
* Bachelor's Degree required. Ideally in a field demonstrating structured and organized approach to work
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransApply