Front-end Jobs nearSeattle, WA
Jobs farther away
Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Software Quality Assurance
Work in the Build & Infrastructure Group (BIG) of the Calibre product line to assist the Development Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to configure, compile, and test the multiple product configurations and platform environments necessary to support product development and release operations. Duties will include:
• Executing software builds
• Contributing to enhancing the build and release infrastructure and process e.g. migration from CVS to Git
• Participating in projects to support and qualify compilers and Unix OS's and helping to port 3rd Party and approved Open Source software to our supported platforms.
• Responding to questions and requests for assistance in the BIG help queue
• Working closely with the rest of the BIG team on various projects to support the Design to Silicon Division's build, development, test, evaluation and release of its products.
• Technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system environments required.
• The qualified candidate should have good working knowledge and working experience with compilers, Makefiles, configuration management procedures, and Unix operating systems.
• Ability to use shell scripting and interpreted software languages (e.g. Perl, Tcl/Tk, Python) to solve operational issues is required for job success.
• Experience with modern source code control systems like git is desired.
• 5+ years of related experience is desired.
• The candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills; be self-motivated and able to work independently; exhibit a service-oriented attitude; and be able to work closely with the product development and quality assurance engineers in a world-wide, multi-site development environment to both gather requirements and work with them to successfully deploy solutions.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Apply